Forums Latest Members
  1. Mamiye Nov 13, 2017

Hello members I am a new member from Panama. I have been a watch dealer for 25 years dealing in modern watches. Recently I bought one of the oldest watch repair facility in my country, they were the Oficial omega and tissot service facility in the 60’s and 70’s. I have over 35,000 vintage and antique parts including oem parts for almost all calibers of omegas, mostly new parts. I am trying to find the best way to sell them as a lot and I would appreciate any information and guidance on what to do with them or who specialize in those Parts.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    Mamiye

mikechi22 likes this.
  2. WYO_Watch Nov 13, 2017

::popcorn::

Ebay :thumbsup:

Take good photos!

BenBagbag likes this.
  3. BenBagbag Nov 13, 2017

More like
    ::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::

mikechi22 and WYO_Watch like this.
  4. Bumper Nov 13, 2017

Hello Mamiye, welcome.

Are the parts catalogued? Do you have a list of parts/calibres? Maybe pictures of the parts? :)

Some parts might be valuable, while others, especially 70's models/quartz/ladies may not be. There are watchmakers who may need these parts and would definitely be interested in them..

Mamiye and WYO_Watch like this.
  5. Mamiye Nov 13, 2017

I have them categorized by caliber. I know I have parts for most calibers. And can take pictures of everything I have or people would like to buy.

6. EdtheAussie Nov 13, 2017

upload_2017-11-14_14-9-58.png

There are watchmakers on the forum who would be interested in your parts i would think, otherwise ebay is an option, but with so many parts it may become frivolous.

Atalien2005 likes this.
  7. Lucasssssss Nov 14, 2017

I would start approaching watchmakers internationally. You can list them yourself on ebay, I also know https://watchparts.org.uk/cgi-bin/watchparts, where you can sell them yourself, but might be quite laborious if you sell them individually. I would be interested if you have any cal 1611 parts.

Mamiye likes this.
  8. Pahawi Nov 14, 2017

I'm in the market for a vintage Pulsations bezel and a Telemetre (KM) bezel for Speedmasters, if you have such :)

9. Bumper Nov 14, 2017

Lol, while we're at it, i call dibs on Ranchero dials & hands :)

10. ChrisN Nov 14, 2017

Hello Mamiye

I understood at the start that you want to sell them as a complete lot. If so, I'd contact one of the companies that already sell parts like this. There are a few out there. You won't get the best price but it will be easier than selling one by one.

Can you put your list on a shared Google drive or OneDrive area?

The other aspect is how they've been stored as these parts are old now and possibly not in the best of condition. If I understand, they are at least 40 years old and most of the packaging was not designed to keep them sealed for that length of time. A lot may be corroded so not of much use.

Good luck, Chris

Mamiye likes this.
  11. dan7800 Nov 14, 2017

If you have any 321 parts, I'd definitely list them on the forum first.

12. Mamiye Nov 14, 2017

Thanks for your advices. I will take pictures and start posting them here. I don’t want to sell the good stuff that everybody is looking for and be stuck with the not so desirable parts. And for me is time consuming and it’s not my main business even thou I know I have great and desirable parts I rather give a good price for the lot if somebody wants the whole package, again I will make the list and take pictures of everything.

EdtheAussie likes this.