Forums Latest Members
  1. Keith88lx May 21, 2019

Hey everyone,
    Just joined and wanted to say hello. Watches kind of became a new fascination for me pretty recently. I am far from an enthusiast as most on here, but there is so much to learn about vintage watches that I've been reading non stop about them. I can't explain my reasoning of getting interested in vintage Omega's because it really "just happened" one day.
    It started because one day I told my wife that I wanted a nicer watch to wear with suits or when we are more dressed up for certain events. I didn't think my Fitbit was fancy enough. ha. So, I joined Watch Gang (gulp, I'm sure you guys love that club). After my first watch, it was just ok. Since that watch was nothing really fancy I began looking at more entry level swiss watches like Tissot. Got my first automatic Tissot watch and loved it. But, I still felt like it was missing something. So I continued to search and for some reason I came across a vintage Omega and literally fell in love. Which now leads me to this forum and I am impressed with the knowledge and information on this forum. I still need to do a lot of research but I am aiming to buy somewhere from the 50's to 60's Omega watch. Probably a Seamaster but I go back and forth a lot.
    I will do my best to not post any annoying is this real or fake or worth it posts. I am on several vehicle forums and I too dislike the "what oil is best" or "what exhaust is best" type of posts. Thanks for having me on this forum.

noelekal, BoostedStig, KeithS and 5 others like this.
  2. WYO_Watch May 21, 2019

Welcome aboard :thumbsup: there is a lot to learn and we all started somewhere so don’t worry about “annoying posts.” Some of the most seasoned on this forum post super annoying ::censored:: but in all seriousness, post away and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Make sure to get an avatar, read the stickies in the vintage forum, check out the fakes thread, and be patient while you learn. People around here call it the noob tax, and most people who rush in pay the price.

Also there are some great vintage 50s and 60s seamstress that get posted for sale here. If you don’t buy from a forum member it should at least give you an idea of what you’re looking for and a fmv.

3. WYO_Watch May 21, 2019

You’re already well ahead of the rest :thumbsup: glad to have you. Also you’ll find some other Chicago folk here, I was just outside of Chicago at Dark Lord Day :D

Keith88lx likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 21, 2019

Welcome! Chicagoland or elesewhere?

5. 77deluxe May 21, 2019

Welcome. So actually, what oil is best? (I’m joking, everyone knows it’s Amsoil)

Keith88lx likes this.
  6. Keith88lx May 21, 2019

NW suburbs ( Mt. Prospect)

7. Texasjohn May 21, 2019

Welcome, please find one of the many threads on the stainless 50th anniversary speedy and chose a side! Just kidding:) Enjoy the forum, lots of information and knowledge to be hade.

8. Vitezi May 22, 2019

Larry S likes this.
  9. mmrols May 26, 2019

Welcome from Texas!

Keith88lx likes this.
  10. Keith88lx May 26, 2019

Thanks. I was just in Houston for a few days visiting a buddy of mine.

11. KeithS May 27, 2019

Howdy! Great name, by the way...

Keith88lx likes this.
  12. BoostedStig Jun 4, 2019

Hello from a fellow suburbanite, and fellow mustang enthusiast!

Keith88lx likes this.