Forums Latest Members

New member from Herefordshire, England

1. oilandsawdust Aug 11, 2017

Firstly, thanks for letting me join. I've been finding my way through my first forays into watch ownership with the help of this forum. I've owned a cracking little 1030 for quite a while now, but recently bought a 1022, which I suspect to be a bit of a ringer. For now though,I'm happy to post pics and bask in the knowledge that this Omega bug has well and truly bitten me!

2017-08-11 19.24.06.jpg 2017-08-11 19.27.14.jpg
  2. john64 Aug 11, 2017

welcome to the forum

3. oilandsawdust Aug 12, 2017

Thanks John.

john64 likes this.
  4. SouthernScot Aug 12, 2017

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I expect like me you 'lurked around ' for a while before taking the plunge, but actually taking part is great fun and you will find a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people here.
    I don't know anything about your watches, other than they look nice pieces, but I'm sure others will know about them. By the way you live in a beautiful part of the country!

Welcome,
    Duncan.

5. davidswiss Aug 12, 2017

Welcome to the forum.

6. Spike Aug 12, 2017

Ahh Hereford, lovely.....

My mums family cottage was on the banks of the river Wye in Breinton in Herefordshire. So many happy memories of playing in the garden as a young child while my dad fished at the bottom of the garden. They use to call him up for lunch by ringing a bell and we would have to hand pump water from the outside well for any water for drinking and washing...........happy days.

I digress, welcome!

nzshadow likes this.
  7. oilandsawdust Aug 12, 2017

Thanks for the very warm welcome gents.

I am truly blessed to live in Herefordshire, having moved down here for work three years ago from Derby. The pace of life really is much slower, and whilst we're not in the Dark Ages, it is comfortably behind.

SouthernScot likes this.
  8. Edwinowl Aug 13, 2017

Nothing wrong with Derby lad. Where abouts ?

9. oilandsawdust Aug 13, 2017

Nothing at all wrong with Derby, it served me well for fourteen years, and I really miss the quality pubs like the Brunswick, Exeter and the Silk Mill. I lived on Surrey Street just off the Ashbourne Road, and latterly, in Mickleover. The in-laws still live in Mickleover, but the place has changed a lot, even in three years.