Forums Latest Members
  1. kjk228 Mar 18, 2019

Hi OF!

Childhood watch collection aside (Dick Tracy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mickey Mouse etc), I'm very new to the watch world. This year, I will be purchasing my first mechanical watch! Currently looking out for black dial cal 320 chronographs but given their infrequent surfacing I'm continuing to explore other

I'm very much looking forward to learning from you all and hope to contribute meaningfully in time.

Best regards,
    Kyle

sxl2004 and BatDad like this.
  2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 18, 2019

Hello Kyle, welcome to the forum. Make sure any watches you are interested are vetted through the forum before you purchase, not after. The forum can save you a lot of money, not to mention embarrassment. Good luck and happy hunting.

robinhook and kjk228 like this.
  3. Vitezi Mar 18, 2019

4. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 18, 2019

Welcome to OF.
    I'm in Southie, St-Patrick's parade was yesterday on my street. To say it was lively is an understatement!

BatDad, Baz9614 and kjk228 like this.
  5. kjk228 Mar 18, 2019

Thank you!! That's what I'm here for and I really appreciate you all for offering your help and sharing your insights and passion :)

6. kjk228 Mar 18, 2019

Thank you!! Thanks for compiling these! While I'm also generally new to forums, I promise to research my questions here prior to being "that guy" and asking simple, repeatedly-answered questions :)

Vitezi likes this.
  7. kjk228 Mar 18, 2019

I can't imagine! Thankfully was a bit sheltered from it (Green Line madness notwithstanding) here on the Boston/Brookline end :)

8. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 18, 2019

Here's a sample: the doorbell rang and my wife answered. It was a guy, very drunk, leaning against the door frame while urinating in the hedges. Only in Southie!

kjk228 likes this.
  9. kjk228 Mar 18, 2019

Yeah....Further confirmation of why an old friend of mine regrets moving from Southie last year :)

BatDad and Deafboy like this.
  10. VestedFA18 Apr 3, 2019

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and a fellow Bostonian as well. Just purchased a brand new speedy pro 311 from a forum member and got it today. Super happy with it!

Deafboy likes this.