Forums Latest Members

New member- Derek I saw someone else do this so I will too!

1. thefoxhole Jan 12, 2015

Hello,

I am newish to the hobby. It all started on a cruise ship looking at the beautiful watches in the shop. This was pretty much my first exposure to high end watches. I purchased a bulova that I love. I had a pebble watch that I wasn't too impressed with. I have looked at many many watches and am evolving in my taste for a watch. I followed the watch snob for some advice and have been turned on to the movements and history of the company. I really dont know where to begin. Basically, I saw a photo of the grey side of the moon and started looking into omega. I have seen a few different watches and want to learn more about the brand. I was referred to this forum from reddit.com/r/watches I would love to learn from you guys here or at least be referred to some good reading or personal experiences. I tried on the Dark side of the moon watch and the thing looks awesome. Well, thats all for now I guess. Thanks!

2. ulackfocus Jan 12, 2015

Buy watches. Lots of watches.

That is all!

tpatta and Spacefruit like this.
  3. boat2dan Jan 12, 2015

Good advise, listen to your Peer's!!!

4. thefoxhole Jan 12, 2015

I would love to! However, Considering my financial situation I should only buy one for now! In the future I will buy lots of watches!

5. thefoxhole Jan 12, 2015

I always listen to my peers.. I don't always act but, I always listen!

tpatta and ulackfocus like this.
  6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 12, 2015

Baked Beanz on toast taste better than caviar while wearing a badass watch.

Did you know that if you take up smoking then quit immediately, you'll be able to buy a nice Omega and still be ahead over the course of the year? You're practically making money.

7. alam Jan 12, 2015

Another member suggested, buy at night, when the wife is asleep...

Tritium, STANDY, repoman and 2 others like this.
  8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 12, 2015

I can say one thing...this is by far the best forum around, both in tone, and specially on the quality of its members. I have learned and benefited a lot since I joined.

ChrisN, m84, Darlinboy and 3 others like this.
  9. puddlep1rate Jan 13, 2015

Welcome! Good luck and don't get too carried away... :cautious:

10. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 13, 2015

Welcome. Don't listen to him. Get carried away. Embrace debt. You can always get a second job. ;)

11. nxw1969 Jan 13, 2015

I don't remember how I found this forum, but at the time I was only interested in vintage constellations - I now also have a speedmaster and seamaster pro and my eye on several others!!!!

I'm an obsessive impulsive type and this forum brings out the worst in me, late night ebay acquisitions that cost the catch all phrase "not much" when the wife asks how much was that?

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 13, 2015

Amen

tpatta likes this.
  13. thefoxhole Jan 13, 2015

Ha! Now only if the mailman delivered packages while the wife isn't home that would be great.
    Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for.

14. thefoxhole Jan 13, 2015

embrace debt.. The american way!

15. jud Jan 13, 2015

Careful. I paid for three Rolexes and two Omegas riding rickshaw on weekends.

tpatta and OmegaRookie like this.
  16. alam Jan 13, 2015

ha! with time and increasing desires for that special watch, you will figure how to maneuver around this trivial obstacle too... :coffee:

Tritium likes this.
  17. texas john Jan 17, 2015

New here myself and looking at purchasing my first omega(15,000 Gauss). My problem is that when I die she sells my watch collection for what they are worth and not what I told her I paid for them.

John

18. bronxbomber252 Jan 17, 2015

My wife is luckily very supportive... I can basically get a nice watch every year (started last year) and basically it just ends up being my anniversary/bday/xmas gift for the year. Last year was my breitling, this year is my Omega that is currently on layaway. This approach may not work with every wife, but its an idea!

19. repoman Jan 17, 2015

Welcome John... Assuming all grieving over your passing is done, I suspect your wife will have a big ole' grin on her face once she realizes she was duped all that time. I chalk this up as a harmless little white lie. I don't have this particular problem, but the problem I do have on the spousal front is my wife has somehow gotten the impression I am selling off watches I don't wear to offset all the new ones I keep buying, but that's not exactly what is happening :D God forbid all our spouses start getting together and sharing stories, we would all be busted.

20. bish789 Jan 17, 2015

That would be interesting. A "For Wives Section". Limit their access to this one area, and post unrealistically low prices from the for sale sections in there.

tpatta likes this.