Forums Latest Members

New member and my collection

1. hatman14 May 24, 2014

Hi all, I hope this is in the right place.

I'm a member on other forums and today I found this one, as a huge fan of omega I thought it would be good to join.
    Omega have always been in my family, and I've always been drawn to them, they take up a large part of my collection.

I hope you like them...

Here we are

My 1st omega, bought with inheritance money, before I knew much about watches and movements, I had always wanted a seamaster and had the exact amount of money to buy it so did, even tho it's quartz I don't regret it... Still the most important watch in my collection due to it being from my grandmothers money...
    [​IMG]

This was my 2nd omega, after omega upgraded the seamaster to the coaxial and ceramic bezel I had to get one, I've changed the strap to a rubber one to have something different

[​IMG]

My 3rd is my grandfathers watch my mum gave me for my 30th, I don't wear it much but I love it,
    [​IMG]

My 4th is one I picked up in a 2nd hand store, got a good price on it, had it serviced and it runs a dream
    [​IMG]

My 5th was one I picked up on WUS, I loved the genta inspired design, good for a grab and go every day watch
    [​IMG]

My 6th was one I picked up yesterday, some say it's the ultimate omega and I kind of agree, it's amazing! I had an iwc that I hardly wore so traded it yesterday for this.....
    [​IMG]

That's it so far for omega, not sure if I'll be buying Anymore as I'm off to uni in sept.

The other pieces making up my collection are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have a sinn 556i which is back at sinn getting something from under the dial.

I hope I've not bored you too much

Cheers

Lee

Jones in LA, jsaen, Tritium and 11 others like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 24, 2014

Nice mix of new and old. :thumbsup: Welcome!

hatman14 likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2014

You're well on your way, nice group

hatman14 likes this.
  4. CdnWatchDoc May 24, 2014

Welcome to the OF Lee...Great collection!! The watch from your grandfather looks to be in great shape-nice to have something so nice to remember him by.
    I call dibs on the vintage SM 600 if it ever bores you and you put it up on the sales forum...;)

hatman14 likes this.
  5. hatman14 May 24, 2014

Thank you! I've sold and bought a few to get here but I'm quite happy with how it's looking!
    Yeah I never met him, he passed away years before I was born, but he had great taste in watches :) my grandmother kept it wound and he looked after it, that's a trait I've picked up, my quartz seamaster is 8 years old and still in amazing condition, I baby my watches, tho tonight after owning my speedy for one day have scratched the clasp! Wounding!

Funnily enough I'm actually tempted to sell it, as I never wear it! Would possibly be interested in a trade or sell it, I'm a firm believer in if I don't use it someone else should enjoy it! I'm sure we could chat and sort a trade or price

Cheers

Lee

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 24, 2014

Great collection. Welcome. You should have no trouble spending your money here. :thumbsup:

hatman14 likes this.
  7. ulackfocus May 24, 2014

Hi Lee. Great choice going with that Longines. I can't believe it doesn't show up more on the forums.

8. hatman14 May 25, 2014

I know, it's a great watch, for me longines are probably the best value for money brand out there, the quality of the watches they off for the price is unreal!

9. Diverdown May 25, 2014

What colour strap is that on your SMP 300m-c? Can't tell if it's dark blue or black. I like it though. I also have one (blue also) and am considering a rubber, leather, or possibly a NATO strap to change up the look a bit.

10. blubarb Jul 30, 2015

Nice to see Meistersinger getting a nod in your collection. My brother has one and they are stunning watches especially when you see them in the wild.

11. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jul 31, 2015

Nice set Lee.

I did the same thing with the money I inherited from my grandfather and bought this:
    Mk VI.jpg

The trouble is that, if you stick around here, we've got better enablers than the other fora so it might get expensive.

12. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 31, 2015

Welcome to the forum. Some really nice watches there. I have a Meistersinger but I really like the black with white hand.
    IMG_0851.JPG

13. panchoskywalker Aug 14, 2015

Cool collection man.

14. sliceoftime_ Aug 14, 2015

Congrats! Nice collection!