Forums Latest Members
  1. Rzrbks Jun 26, 2015

Impressions/opinions would be appreciated. This is my first Omega, I've been looking for a while and find most online to be over machined or out of my price range. I found this locally. It is said to have been husbands graduation gift in the the early 60s, and had some work done in the 70s (new band and crown) both will be replaced, as well as the crystal (the hairline cracks don't appear to the naked eye but now that i've seen them it must be fixed. Paid $400, think I did alright. l love the watch so it might sting but honesty is prefered. I have already found some to the parts at Ofrei. Is there a better place for these parts. Sorry to be so NEEDY on my first post but this was kind of an impulse buy even though I have been looking for a while.

20150624_151757_resized.jpg 20150624_215048_resized.jpg 20150626_161414_HDR_resized.jpg 20150626_161747_HDR_resized.jpg
  2. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jun 26, 2015

I'm far from being an expert but it needs the crystal polishing with poly watch and a service, nothing else apart from a dose of wearing in good health. A classic movement that looks clean enough but I don't like the bracelet, maybe a nice leather strap in a colour of your choice to make it more yours. The price is fair enough for your first omega a lot of people have fell into the trap of paying too much for shiny over polished shite from eBay.