Forums Latest Members
  1. R3D9 May 24, 2017

I've been thinking about affordable dress watches for a while now.

My work attire generally includes a suit or sport coat, but the office is typically tie-optional, so my Speedy Pro does just fine on most days.

I'm sure many would argue a Speedy could be worn all the way up to black tie, but I wouldn't agree. A straight-up dress watch, on some occasions, is what is required.

I love every Nomos off-the-wrist, but with the exception of the Orion, on the wrist I'm always let down.

I'm a fan of the SARB033/035 from Seiko, but I wouldn't categorize it as a proper dress watch.

I've always liked the Max Bill, but the lugs are a bit small for my taste.

Enter this thing:

IMG_1291.JPG
    *photos from the Hodinkee article linked below

Now that is one fine looking watch and takes a lot of what I love about the Max Bill but puts a cool, modern spin on the concept.

I'm broke due to a very exciting pending incoming, but this thing has jumped right to the top of my list.

Now if they'd just make it with a manually wound movement...

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/junghans-form-a-value-proposition

trackpad and Jwit like this.
  2. trackpad May 27, 2017

Couldn't agree more – also, with the exception of the Orion.

3. Jaacck May 27, 2017

I have liked the look of these since I saw the Hodinkee article. A max bill is calling me though and will take the plunge in the future.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. lillatroll May 27, 2017

I don't really have any occasion to wear a dress watch, but if I was going to buy one then I think this would get the nod, the main reason being that it is considerably cheaper than a nomos.This would not normally be a consideration but for a watch that would sit in a box for long periods of time and I could spend the difference on something else.

R3D9 likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 27, 2017

I prefer Junghans to Nomos personally in the looks department. I think they carry Bauhaus style off a little better. I prefer the Max Bills to this one though.

Need a good looking in house movement dress watch... gotta go with an Orient Bambino!! Multiple dial and hand variants.

IMG_3444.JPG

R3D9 likes this.
  6. phg.drs.antunes May 27, 2017

Very nice looking watch!

7. micampe May 27, 2017

I like their Meister line, I think they’re more refined. They even have a chronometer version and a hand wound one.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Foo2rama and R3D9 like this.
  8. R3D9 May 27, 2017

Definitely the all-time value champ when it comes to dress watches! I like your dial/hand combo a lot.