Forums Latest Members

New JLC Green dial Tribute to 1931 Reverso

1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 14, 2015

In case anyone wants something very limited (or just likes green dials), the JLC Regent Street boutique has a special run of 26 green dialled reverso's being made for it.

I saw the prototype on Wednesday & they'd only had it for two days. The model is only available from that boutique & is being made to celebrate the boutique breaking free of its arrangement with Mappin & Webb and Watches of Switzerland, as well as its expanded new premises. The boutique is now completely Richemont controlled and has been designated the European flagship store - there's even a little museum in the back.

I'm not sure of the price but would guess it's similar to the existing Tribute to 1931 models. The dial is really nicely done - but it's really green, in a sporting and period correct type of way. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they sell, given the popularity of the Blue dialled model.

dsio likes this.
  2. Mothra Jun 15, 2015

I really like your blue one, but I'm equally really not sure about a bright green one...

Taddyangle likes this.
  3. Squirrel1 Jun 15, 2015

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 16, 2015

Thanks for that. The one I saw had no engraving, which is probably why it was described as the prototype.

Not sure I have the complexion to pull off a green dial, but some people do :) it is a very "British" green & it would look pretty good with casual sports or polo gear I reckon. That's probably the intention I suppose.

5. Traveler Jun 16, 2015

I like it but I find the Big Ben engraving on the back a bit cheesy - I wish they'd left it blank, or made it a duoface...

Taddyangle likes this.
  6. NT931 Jun 18, 2015

Hmm, not too fond of the green so far, though all I've seen are photos.

I've often wondered - what if the reverso came in a blue-green-grey shade, a little like the Nautilus? I think it might work - photoshopped one just for fun

reverso blue grey dial.jpg

7. SeanO Jun 19, 2015

With such a small dial I think you'd struggle with contrast between the dial and the markers/hands

8. Stratos Jun 26, 2015

I'd love to own a Reverso one day.

but not with this green dial:whistling::whistling:

9. maxtor71 Jun 26, 2015

On the fence with this one, I think I'd have the 'Rouge' before this.

Max