Forums Latest Members

new(ish) reference website - UniversalGenevePolerouter.com

1. CafeRacer Nov 18, 2018

Hi all,

Just a quick alert to a site that I started up about a month ago.
    www.UniversalGenevePolerouter.com
    The site aims to combine and share as much information about Polarouters/Polerouters as possible in the one place.

Reference tables with serial ranges, model references and sub-references, descriptions and variations is constantly being updated; there are some UG specific patents, parts and technical manual scans uploaded; and plenty of vintage advertising materials. There is also a facebook polerouter discussion group, and the reference photo gallery will be launched soon...

Im not particularly active on here (more on IG https://www.instagram.com/hamblar/?hl=en), but I know there are a lot of UG and polerouter enthusiasts that could find it interesting...!

Enjoy! :)

Edited Nov 18, 2018
  2. MarktheTime Nov 18, 2018

Super resource and effort - thanks!

CafeRacer likes this.
  3. Mazoue Nov 18, 2018

It’s a fantastic resource already and it will be even better once the photo gallery is up and running. It’s also a serious undertaking for which Polerouter enthusiasts should be grateful to you for.

You didn’t specifically request photos but would you like Polerouter owners with good original examples to contact you?

CafeRacer likes this.
  4. Jonatan Nov 18, 2018

Lots of information on this site and it will only keep growing!

CafeRacer likes this.
  5. CafeRacer Nov 18, 2018

YES!
    Ive been reaching out to collectors individually until now - why its taking so long to construct...
    I'll gladly accept "donations" by PM here from any correct examples.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

6. mancio Nov 19, 2018

Exaclty what i need! More info on UG!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CafeRacer likes this.
  7. WhereMadnessLies Nov 19, 2018

I applaud the effort that has gone into this site, it really is fantastic :thumbsup:. If you need any pictures of a Polerouter Super, let me know.

CafeRacer likes this.
  8. vujen Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for this great great work!

CafeRacer likes this.
  9. CafeRacer Nov 19, 2018

Thanks - Just PM me a plain front-on photo of the watch head on a white background, along with its reference and serial and ill add it to the gallery :cool:

WhereMadnessLies likes this.
  10. jsflog Nov 19, 2018

Congrats on this lovely website.
    Very important to any Polerouter collector

CafeRacer likes this.
  11. CafeRacer Nov 23, 2018

NB: for contributions to the upcoming Photo Reference Gallery, it needs to have:
    1) plain direct front-on photo of the watch head, on a white background preferable
    (photo can be with the strap but I will crop it down to the head only)
    2) full reference number from the caseback (must be visible, not just guessed) and serial number if possible.

The photo doesn't have to be at all professional quality, so mobile phone / cellphone camera quality is fine - just needs to be well lit so the detail can be easily seen on a desktop.
    Sending by PM is probably easiest.

Thanks guys for your contributions so far! :)

12. raider44 Nov 28, 2018

Just a quick alert to a site that I started up about a month ago.

Thanks for this! i've already used it a few times to verify some online listings.

13. CafeRacer Dec 6, 2018

Just an update...

The Reference Photo Gallery is opened up for viewing...
    Access it from the main menu at www.UniversalGenevePolerouter.com

Its a work in progress and will be continually built on and updated, so please keep sending your photos of the missing references (or just better photos!) via PM here or [email protected] .
    And thanks again for all those that have contributed so far - you know who you are :)

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 14.24.34.png

Edited Dec 9, 2018
  14. WhereMadnessLies Dec 6, 2018

Excellent work @CafeRacer. Although it's like I now have a fantastically itemised and photographed shopping list that I can access on my phone from anywhere in the world......I need to save up more money :D.

CafeRacer likes this.
  15. CafeRacer Jan 29, 2020

UPDATE - Andy Rogers from the Polerouter community has transformed the Polerouter Reference site into an App, so you can have offline storage to the main site information (no need for wifi or phone reception).

It's currently lagging a bit behind the website itself (have to manually update it), but we are working for an auto update method so the site and app stays synced.

It's available for Android in the Google Play Store, and the iOS version is being beta tested, due for release next week in the Apple App Store.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.universalgenevepolerouter.ugp&hl=da

Its free on both formats - hope you find it useful :)

16. filmir Jan 29, 2020

More than useful. Thanks once more :thumbsup:

17. Burr Jan 29, 2020

Wow awesome resource. If anyone has seen something similar for tri compaxes, please share!

18. filmir Jan 29, 2020

Well... In some it is right here on this fórum... And in the eye of the more experienced :)

19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 29, 2020

morningtundra and Burr like this.
  20. Burr Jan 29, 2020