Forums Latest Members

New Incoming! Hope I'm not allergic to this puppy!!

1. larryganz The cable guy Mar 14, 2016

I'm now the proud father of Snoopy! It's #1204/1970 45th Anniversary Silver Snoopy Award to be exact...

This is my 54th birthday present, so I can't have it until tomorrow and wife made me stick it in the safe, but not before I snuck a couple of photos! I blanked out the serial number, but didn't feel the need to blank out the LE number.

It's a full set with warranty starting last Friday when it shipped, except that the AD is at Basel and doesn't know why his store shipped it to me without the little tan or beige colored hanging tag. Everything else is there, and it included a little white Omega velveteen-material tie-bag that I didn't know it came with.

I might be afraid to actually wear this outside for a while, until things cool down and the Red Barron is defeated. I also want to try to find an accidental damage protection plan, more than just having a rider on my Metlife home and auto policy so that if I file a claim my rates won't all go up. My watchmaker took photos and the serial number and is writing up an appraisal for me, so I can add it to my policy.

IMG_3020.jpg IMG_1226.jpg IMG_1225.jpg
    watchme, savio.79, Shelby and 29 others like this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 14, 2016

Way to go @larryganz ! It's a beaut! I wish you many, many years of happy and healthy wearing :)

larryganz likes this.
  3. Bushido Mar 14, 2016

Awesome new addition and an excellent birthday gift! Happy b-day and enjoy your present!!

larryganz likes this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 14, 2016

@larryganz -- regarding the beige hang tag: I know that Omega Botiques will not let you take the tag home with you. It may be a way of maintaining a physical record of units that were not released into the grey market. Oddly, the one watch that I personally have purchased from a grey market seller did come with the hang tag (but no Omega warranty, of course).

larryganz likes this.
  5. Brandon_Dexter Mar 14, 2016

Congrats. Greta watch. Glad to hear that you plan on wearing it. Get to Jewelers Mutual and get a policy that covers just the watch. Because your concern about a claim driving up HO rates is valid. And in my experience JM is about the same price range as my HO.

larryganz likes this.
  6. rbob99 Mar 15, 2016

Larry, congratulations. Wear it in good health.

larryganz likes this.
  7. wx_073 Mar 15, 2016

Larry happy birthday and congrats with new watch!!!!
    Wear in good health and enjoy it!!!!

larryganz likes this.
  8. meganfox17 Mar 15, 2016

Happy Birthday @larryganz

Many Happy Returns of the Day ..!
    Stay Active Eat Healthier Live Longer !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-meganfox17-

9. larryganz The cable guy Mar 15, 2016

Both the middleman and the AD that shipped it directly to me said it should have the tag in the box, but it's missing. The AD is at Basel and communicated to the middleman via text - he was gruff and when I insisted on them finding the tag he told the middleman, "then have him return it". I'm not returning it, I just want the tag.

I got the tag with all my other new Omegas except one from Jared (notorious for losing the tags and warranty cards), and they gave me a free service on another watch when I vociferously complained about them losing the tag. Even my Omega from Jomashop had the tag and everything else, just no warranty card.

Jones in LA likes this.
  10. larryganz The cable guy Mar 15, 2016

I had to save a copy of your GIF files. Thanks.

Riviera Paradise and meganfox17 like this.
  11. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 15, 2016

Beautiful, congrats Larry!

larryganz likes this.
  12. dx009 Mar 15, 2016

Happy Birthday and congrats!!!

larryganz likes this.
  13. demollo Mar 15, 2016

Congrats ! Beautiful :) It sometimes happens that the AD delivers the watch without a hangtag. It would annoy me as well. As far as I can tell you can order it from the AD. I stumbled upon that kind of problem on WUS but cant find a thread now. The guys there were saying that it cost them $30-40 to order it from AD.

Anyway, wear in good health :)

larryganz likes this.
  14. nima0071 Mar 15, 2016

@larryganz happy birthday brother and congrats. also the tag should of came with it. my boutique included the tag. e

larryganz likes this.
  15. Alex_TA Mar 15, 2016

Nice.
    But I prefer Teddy Bear [emoji57]

Happy birthday anyway [emoji898]

larryganz likes this.
  16. Omega1 Mar 15, 2016

Wow and wow happy birthday to you sir and wear it in good health

larryganz likes this.
  17. Cosd Mar 15, 2016

Happy Birthday fella, that's a lovely present!

Cos

larryganz likes this.
  18. lefteye Mar 15, 2016

My snoopy from my ad came with the tag. May be its just each dealer doing different things.

larryganz likes this.
  19. Buzz man Mar 15, 2016

image.jpg Enjoy wearing it.I haven't taken mine off since I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one

larryganz, ahartfie, XaVi and 3 others like this.
  20. Riviera Paradise Mar 15, 2016

Congratulations @larryganz! What a super birthday present! Wear it in excellent health! Snoopy will make you smile every day you wear it:)

larryganz and meganfox17 like this.