Forums Latest Members
  1. NorthernTimeZone Dec 22, 2015

I'm new to the Omega Forums and I'm curious - is there much interest in Tutima here? Especially the new watches? (I've seen discussion about older models in the brief search I did.)
    Thanks!

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 22, 2015

Hey NTZ, welcome to OF. There's interest in everything horological here, but Omegas kinda rule the roost as you can imagine. Do you own a Tutima?

Sameh likes this.
  3. NorthernTimeZone Dec 23, 2015

Hey blufinz52, thanks for the welcome. Yep, I figured this'd be an Omega-centric forum - and for that matter, I own a 3570.50 Speedy. But I was also told by one of the moderators I know locally that it's a happenin' place!

I own two Tutimas - an F2 and a NATO TL, and routinely get loaners from Tutima USA.

TutimaNATO-TL.jpg TutimaF2.jpg

Full disclosure: I do a little PR work in several forums for Tutima USA. No shilling and I'm not an employee. Rather, I'm helping with answering questions, initiating dialogues, and helping with awareness & knowledge of the new lines.

VictorAlpha, Fritz, arkstfan and 2 others like this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 23, 2015

I like the chrono. I think you'll find this a great place to discuss watches, esp. Omegas. Or is it Omeegas?

5. obstando Dec 23, 2015

Here's my military issued Tutima
    IMG_4047.JPG

duc and blufinz52 like this.
  6. flyingout Dec 24, 2015

Definitely not. If it were, they would have spelled it that way. ::bleh::

blufinz52 likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 25, 2015

Tutima is an under rated brand by many IMO. While widely known for their watches using Swiss movements, they also have some proper watchmaking chops...this watch surprised many when it was made...

[​IMG]

Headquartered in Glashütte of course, which is a lovely little town...

[​IMG]

Although their sporty watches get more attention, I really do like the Patria line quite a lot personally.

Cheers, Al

8. NorthernTimeZone Jan 4, 2016

I just received this Saxon One to test for a few days. Really nice dial design, bug watch, unique deployant clasp.

2016-01-01 09.01.49.jpg

CdnWatchDoc and arkstfan like this.
  9. arkstfan Jan 4, 2016

Know essentially nothing about the brand but digging the photos. Thanks.

10. vinn2 Jan 7, 2016

NTZ; welcome to the forum. the watch looks very good - whats the mvt. like?

11. NorthernTimeZone Jan 9, 2016

Thanks for the welcome!

The movement in the Saxon One is a modified Valjoux 7750 - modified to include a 24 hour sub-dial at 12 o'clock and a center chrono minutes hand. Tutima has done this proprietary work at their Glashutte facility. As it's basically a 7750, I expect it to function just fine over time.

Note, the mods don't allow for a day function, although word from Tutima is that it could happen sometime in the future. Frankly, I think that'd be a terrific challenge, as the mechanism for the center chrono minutes occupies the space where the day wheel and gearing would otherwise be.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 10, 2016

Thing with the last watch is the lugs put me off straight away as it looks like you could not fit just any brand of leather to it ?

13. NorthernTimeZone Jan 10, 2016

You're right, Standy. I haven't removed the strap, but certainly it will take a custom strap maker to do the notching necessary.

14. CdnWatchDoc Jan 10, 2016

Hi NTZ-Welcome! I like the look of the Saxon One; do you have some specs on it? Case size, reserve? I like that case shape. And does Tutima have a distributor or ADs in Canada?

15. NorthernTimeZone Jan 12, 2016

I apologize for my delinquency! Case size is 43mm dia. x 15.7mm thick. 44 hour power reserve.

I'm not sure about a Tutima AD in Canada. A service location in Vancouver, BC is listed on the website.

16. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 15, 2016

why is there so little common sense in today's business world...?

if the highly paid ingeneers in the development dpmt instead of hot-rodding the 7750 would have talked for 30 secs with the elderly polish cleaning lady, she could have told the that "cannot find hands on watch"

;)

17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 15, 2016

I can see the hands just fine...

18. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Jan 16, 2016

I see the hands fine as well, after searching for them for a second or two ... which I hate when driving a car or so ...

why make it easy if you can make it hard, right? - especially on a tool watch where functionality is a real low priority ;)

had to sell this one for the same reason ... half of the time I couldnt tell the time "fast"... and yes, if its not 10:09h
    the hands are even harder to locate
    [​IMG]

but ... different strokes for different folks.... i guess

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 16, 2016
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 17, 2016

I think a trip to the eye doctor might be in order for you mate...

[​IMG]

;)

CdnWatchDoc, Paedipod and Hijak like this.
  20. vinn2 Jan 17, 2016

yes - hard to see the watch hands, especially when you are driving AND TEXTING !

arkstfan and Archer like this.