Forums Latest Members
  1. mesjeujaques Feb 6, 2018

Hi guys,
    I'm new on the forum and I already have a question to start off. I've always been an omega fan, my father has a beautiful Omega seamaster, which I adored ever since I knew what it was. So for me, second generation diver, it's the thing to have.
    Given that I currently cannot spend over 1k to a watch, and I only believe that I should reward myself with a higher end watch when business is really good, I bumped into a seamaster 600 132.019 cal 611 online. I think 500EUR is about a right price if it's an original watch.. so I'm excited to know your opinions!
    What do you think about this watch in terms or originality based on the pictures?

regards,
    MesjeuJaques

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG
  2. Edward53 Feb 6, 2018

I don't like the gap between the Omega symbol and the word Omega, I don't like the Swiss Made and I certainly don't like the blob of lume over it.

Very few 50s and 60s black dials are original. If you buy one without knowing what you are doing, chances are 98% that it has been repainted.

Noddyman likes this.
  3. mesjeujaques Feb 6, 2018

You are right, in comparison to other pictures of the watch the distance seems to be rather 'off', and the black dial is indeed difficult to find, so also to compare. It'd be rather usefull to find another example with black dial to compare.
    Thank you.

4. Noddyman Feb 6, 2018

5. mesjeujaques Feb 6, 2018

@Noddyman Interesting URL, thanks a lot, so it looks like the owner himself is trying to trip me off, or is a victim without knowing himself.
    So this number referes to a Geneve model? Hm, very non-diver like.

I've asked the owner if he had a receipt of his buy, and whether he knew about a repaint.
    Do you happen to know picures of original Seamaster 600's in black dials, or where I can look further into this?

6. No Mercy Feb 6, 2018

a big NO
    Refinished dial, wrong hands, overpolished case. Ref. 132.019 is Geneve or vanilla, not Seamaster.

mesjeujaques likes this.
  7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 6, 2018

Don't be confused by the "Seamaster" and "600" words on the dial, they are not divers.

Seamaster in this case means it's a water resistant watch (even if early advertising said proof). The 600 refers to the series of movements introduced in this model and others (e.g. 601, 611, 613).

mesjeujaques likes this.
  8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 6, 2018

The Modernist and mesjeujaques like this.
  9. mesjeujaques Feb 6, 2018

Gentlemen,

A kind-hearted thank you.
    It's now clear to me this is not a genuine piece.
    Great feedback from all of you,
    thanks a lot.

All the best,
    MesjeuJaques