Forums Latest Members
  1. cisco Aug 16, 2013

Hello everyone, I am Francois.
    Active on french speaking forums and lurking most of the time on english speaking and the vintage section of OiP
    Collecting started some years and the last years I was more on simple three hands watches. Not a big collector, only three watches I wear regulary but high end. Here they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and my "grail baby" :)
    [​IMG]

Not an Omega collector, but there are some models I really admire like the pie-pan Connie or the 30T2RG
    I signed in for some questions on this small chrono (the photo coming from chronothek.at). It is 32.5mm and very similar to the CK2277; the main difference is that this has two registers instead of three on the CK2277. I suppose it is a 27CHRO

Do you know the reference? Is it also a 2277? another ref?

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help

Cheers

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 16, 2013

Very unusual but excellent taste, especially the Saxonia, many would go the more obvious option of the Patek Calatrava but the Lange is a sublime and less predictable alternative.

We've got a few chronograph guys that will no a bit about that Cal 320/27CHRO

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 16, 2013

Case ref. 2276 with movement 27CHRO

4. ulackfocus Aug 16, 2013

Hi Francois. You make quite and entrance. :thumbsup:

The Lange and the other VC are very nice, but that is fantastic! Is it a 6099? What year?

5. cisco Aug 16, 2013

Thanks a lot for your Welcome dsio !

Super MSNwatch! Thank you ! exactly what I needed !

Thanks for your welcome! A few words on that watch and why this is my "grail watch".

This is not a 6099, the 6099 is two hands with the 1003 caliber (ultra flat in 31mm).

It's a 6161 from 1957, it is a "Chronometre Royal" with the specific hands to Chronometre Royal, the engraved caseback and of course the P1008BS caliber which is imho the most desirable chronometer caliber.

This case has many references even in Chronometre Royal.
    If you like references and headache :D that's what I have seen till now:

-6107 with small seconds (P1007BS) and snap on caseback
    -6108 with center seconds (P1008BS) and snap on casenack
    Both are (or should be) in 34mm diameter
    -6110 with small seconds (P1007BS) and screw down caseback
    -6111 with center seconds (P1008BS) and screw down caseback
    Both are (or should be) in 36mm diameter

And then 6067 (34mm, snap on and small seconds as far as I have seen) and then 6161 ... but I have seen not one specific configuration on that one; screw down , snap on... both are posible ; most of the time screw down caseback but not all. ::screwloose::

...and this is only for the Chronometre Royal...

Then there are others reference for that kind of case, 6099 for the ultra flat , and I forgot what they are for those with caliber K1001 and K1002, automatic etc .
    It is a HUGE mess I must say in all these references which all look very similar ::facepalm1::

Now this one is exceptionnal because of the guilloche dial.
    Nearly all Chronometre Royal have a typical dial specific to them (like the hands) and very rarely another kind.
    I know only two of them; one sold by antiquorum in 2005 for the 250th anniversary and mine which has exactly the same numbers (case and caliber) minus 1.
    Both are in pink gold with snap on caseback, mine has moreover the pink gold bracelet.
    I doubt there are much more Chronometre Royal with guilloche dial , I know one with the later and different case 6340 in pink gold. All others I have seen have regular dial except one black 6111 which belongs to a friend.
    I wear it most of the time with a leather strap
    [​IMG]

I love my Lange and my other Vacheron; but this one is a truly exceptionnal watch.

Sorry for the long OT , I am quite in love with it ::shy::

6. ulackfocus Aug 16, 2013

It isn't OT - this is a watch forum after all. ;) I don't blame you for being smitten with it. I'd like one of those references one day also. ::love:: Excellent dial!

7. Ludi Aug 16, 2013

Oh boy ! ... Welcome Franz ;)

8. cisco Aug 16, 2013

Hi Fred... hmmm no... doesn't so good in English , I'll stick to "Salut Fred" :whistling:

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 16, 2013

Ugh....... I sense in near future we will have Vacheron sub forum.......:rolleyes:. Well we already have superb Zenith sub forum.... why not?

10. Ludi Aug 16, 2013

For those who wonder, this is a french spoonerism :D .... but no way I'll give the answer :p

Nice to see you there my friend :cool: ... enjoy, Omegaforums is definitively the place for omega fanboy to come like you :D

11. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Aug 16, 2013

Hi Cisco...Wonderful, diverse collection. Is your Lange an original 1815, which I've owned and loved plus an Up & Down which I loved even more, or is it the newer 40mm. Saxonia? You may consider posting your magnificent Vacheron on The Hour Lounge. I'm sure the VC junkies, especially Alex, will drool all over it. Regardless, wear in good health. Miki

12. cisco Aug 16, 2013

Thanks; I have a weakness for Vacheron but I think there is a certain logic with Omega, Zenith, and Universal (LouS is killing me every time I see photos of his watches !) I would keep it this way .
    And Vacheron has already some forums ;)

:D :D :D
    Who knows? I have a long way to go to be a fanboy :D , my past has some Rolex scars and I am deeply Vacheron tatooed :D

Hi Miki; this is an original 35.9 mm Lange 1815, with dark blue dial.
    It is unusual but I am into small watches; above 38mm is rarely for me, 34mm is most the time the perfect size for me.
    I know quite well THL, I posted it and I'm also active there, Alex knows me too. Already seen you there as far as I remember and on purists if I recall well.