Forums Latest Members
  1. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Posted this on another forum but did not get much feedback, so I thought I would try here, thanks for any help or info you can offer!!

Just bought a vintage (1971)
    Omega Deville Automatic​ with a 1002 caliber off of Ebay, and looking for some info? Please tell me more about the 1002 movement? I know it is automatic, but can you still hand wind the watch if needed? How dependable is this movement?
    I was told it was just serviced and cleaned in May. Will have to find a local watcher maker who can open it up and tell me how it looks. It's the uni-case, so you need an Omega 107 tool, to open it.

Update.....
    Well I got the watch and it looks good, better then I expected. But I have concerns about the bracelet, there is an Omega symbol on the buckle, but no reference number. It only says stainless steel on the back of the clasp.
    I timed the watch over night and it is about 3 seconds slow over 12 hours. Is that good or bad for a 40 year old watch?​
    Also posted pics of movement and inside case at bottom of thread.​
    Here are few pics from the listing, any feedback on the bracelet or watch would be welcomed!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2012

Cal 1002 is the 1000 series movement unfortunately that people tend to say you should avoid for several issues, but if yours is working, hopefully its in good shape.

3. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Thanks, what are the issues? So far it is working fine.

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2012

Hello Lion and Welcome. Nice find. To answer your question, yes you can still wind the watch to power up.

5. ulackfocus Jun 24, 2012

The watch looks good to me. The 1002 had problems with it's automatic winding system and instant date mechanism. The 100x calibers were only out for a year or so before being replaced with the 101x series.

6. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Thank you!!

7. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Thank you, for your help!!

8. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Update, have a few pictures of movment and inside the case.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 24, 2012

The edge of that rotor looks like it has some scrape marks? Is it rubbing against the inside of the case?

10. LionOfZion Jun 24, 2012

Not sure, these are the pictures from the Ebay listing. I don't have the tool that can take it apart, have one on order from HK. I'm hoping that if there was a problem, it was taken care of when the watch was serviced and cleaned.

11. Wetworks Jun 25, 2012

Yes, the top inside left you can see where it is scraping (I think). I suppose it would be due to rotor wobble. Was this part of the problem for the 100x having automatic winding issues?

12. LionOfZion Jun 25, 2012

I very glade to own it, I have wanted a vintage Omega for years, looked at many in local shops. But they were always, overprices and in very poor condition.

I contacted the man who serviced the watch in May, he said he did a complete cleaning and replaced a few parts, and polished the crystal.

So far so good with the watch, running a 4 seconds slow over 24 hours. Trying to find an aftermarket bracelet that will go with the watch. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for all the input!! Glad to be here.