Forums Latest Members
  1. Time Out Mar 12, 2018

Hey guys, I just signed up and wanted to drop a quick note and introduce myself. I don’t own an Omega watch...yet. I’m looking for a 1960s Constellation, preferably with a black dial, but I just haven’t been able to find exactly what I want. Looking forward to diving into some threads here to find some good info. Hope I don’t ask too many stupid questions.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 12, 2018

No stupid questions

Be mindful black dialed Omega watches are the most redialed that catch newer guys out. Make sure you run them buy here before hand

Welcome to the craziness

Time Out and mayankyadav like this.
  3. Time Out Mar 13, 2018

Is a redial bad if you are just buying a watch to wear? I don’t plan on collecting a dozen or so, I just want two or three. If I get a black dial I want it to look good and if I eventually recoup my money down the road that is fine. Specifically looking for black dial Constellation SS with no date/day from late 60s.

4. ulackfocus Mar 13, 2018

For collection and value purposes, redials are horrible.

However, if done correctly (and very few vintage Omegas are) a redial is acceptable.

Welcome! Since you installed an avatar we won't haze you as bad as other n00bs. You should know this though:

78f0363e0c186868e3607f02ffa9460b.png

Looneytoons, R3D9 and Time Out like this.
  5. sjg22 Mar 13, 2018

The best advice given on this forum IMO is to buy your first few on OF Watch Marketplace, at least until you know what you’re doing. Minimum of 200 posts to sell here and lots of watchful eyes, so the watches are in essence vetted for you.

It’s not even like you’ll pay more - often times I see great watches changing hands for better deals than over-polished redials on eBay.

Be patient and keep an eye out here for the one you want and you MIGHT avoid paying the noob tax.

Time Out likes this.
  6. 77deluxe Mar 13, 2018

Even if he is a Cardinals fan?

Time Out likes this.
  7. Time Out Mar 13, 2018

Sounds like I need to avoid a redial unless it is well under market value. I’m sure I’ll find a SS one at a reasonable price eventually.

8. ulackfocus Mar 13, 2018

Hey, he's a baseball fan so he can't be that bad. I can even tolerate about half of the Yankees' fans.

77deluxe and Time Out like this.
  9. Time Out Mar 13, 2018

Then you are about 1/2 better than me sir. Third gen Cards fan, so it is in my blood.

77deluxe likes this.
  10. ulackfocus Mar 13, 2018

Well, when you live in NJ and frequently travel North, you have to learn to tolerate them. In the interest of total transparency, I've even liked several Yankees players over the years.

Similar family story here for the Phillies. Man, was I glad they opened Citizen's Bank Park in 2004. The Vet literally and figuratively stunk the last decade of it's existence.

Time Out, Looneytoons and 77deluxe like this.
  11. 77deluxe Mar 13, 2018

A good redial for the right price can make a great daily wearer / beater, so don’t count one out. Just know what you’re getting into.

Time Out likes this.
  12. Looneytoons Mar 13, 2018

BaseballBugs3.png

3rd generation Dodger fan here. Chavez Ravine is as good as it gets for ballparks.
    My daughter is 4th generation.

Time Out, cicindela and ulackfocus like this.
  13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2018

The "real" Dodgers are still on L.I., except now we call them the "Mets" :p

Of course they did trade away Nolan Ryan ::facepalm2::

Edited Mar 14, 2018
  14. Starman71 Mar 14, 2018

Welcome, I hope you find the omega you are seeking. It’s a great place to find one!

Time Out likes this.