Forums Latest Members
  1. Jlehma13 Feb 8, 2017

Hello,
    Great site with tons of information. I've been searching for an Omega Seamaster 60's vintage with a black dial, larger case size and no date and its proved to be a little overwhelming. Mainly because my budget is tight and I am still learning what to look for so I can be sure I'm getting a good watch at a fair price.
    I'm still checking out the site and intend to place a wanted ad, but I'd appreciate any advice you have for me. The budget is under $750.
    Thanks

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 8, 2017

Read the stickies about WTB adds as there are rules.

Throw your budget out and look for the best watch in the best condition and don't be afraid to spend a bit more or double for it.

Black dials are minefields of Redialed watches made to fleece you out of $750 for a $200 redial.

NT931, Dr No, X350 XJR and 3 others like this.
  3. jimmyd13 Feb 8, 2017

Search "kabaclyde" on Reddit and see what he has to offer .... That budget is a little tight but try him.

4. Jlehma13 Feb 8, 2017

Thank you. I reached out to him. In the mean time, please let me know your thoughts on the following two watches. These both appear original however, I should add that I am fine with restored components or polished case. As long as I know what I am getting, I'm ok with that.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/302174109993Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152423496126Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

5. StrutlessWonder Feb 8, 2017

At first glance, 1st watch looks clean, I'll let others comment on the price.
    Second watch is redialed with green marshmallow lumes. Add chocolate and graham crackers for an Omega s'more. :eek:

6. Jlehma13 Feb 9, 2017

Thank you.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 9, 2017

The cosmic is nice but I wouldn't pay $750, without a movement photo. Especially with this written in the description "You receive what you see in the picture".

8. Jlehma13 Feb 15, 2017

The response I finally got has officially crossed the seller off the list, however is there any truth to a cosmic being any more difficult to open to get a picture of the movement than any other seamaster?

Hi, the Omega Cosmic watches have special opening , only thru the crystal and haw I said before this Omega watch was cervices in 2016.and I don't want to teak chance to brock the crystal and to damage this beautiful Omega watch.And take my advice , don't look over this Omega , look for another one on eBay.look for another one who is open and have a picture.And once more to tell you I don't take offers, and don't worry I will sell this Omega watch. Regards

9. ajg1960 Feb 15, 2017

Well I can't comment on a lot of what the seller states, mostly because I have no idea what he is saying exactly, but I can tell you that the watch in question does need to have the crystal removed to access the movement. It does not open from the back.

efauser likes this.
  10. StrutlessWonder Feb 15, 2017

"Buy the seller."
    Move along now, nothing to see here, move along ...

11. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 16, 2017

Well poor spelling doesn't disqualify a seller from my perspective but trying to push the watch when asked questions saying stuff like "don't miss this great opportunity" etc. usually does. The Cosmic is not a rare watch by any means, so if I wanted one, I wouldn't compromise on the seller

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 16, 2017

Than "any" other Seamaster? Can't say that for sure, but yes it's a front loading case, and requires proper equipment in order to open it and close it without doing damage. Most sellers aren't going to do this for you on these models.

Cheers, Al