Forums Latest Members

New Globemaster Owner, Needing Help

1. tommythunders Mar 17, 2022

Hi, I recently got an Omega Globemaster (my 5th Omega) on the strap. I really like the look of it on the bracelet, but am having trouble sourcing one, and also have read mixed reviews on the bracelet comfort. Does anyone know of other bracelets with endlinks that will fit the Globemaster case? Is there another Omega bracelet with similar endlinks? I'd really appreciate any advice or thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!

2. gbesq Mar 17, 2022

Can’t help you with an alternate bracelet choice, but I can tell you that the bracelet that comes with the watch is heavy, not the easiest to adjust, and has a somewhat clumsy butterfly clasp. It’s a great watch, but I think that you’re better off with the alligator strap with the deployant clasp.

speedyplanet and tommythunders like this.
  3. Butik Mar 17, 2022

Here's a problem with end links for Globe. As you can see on the photo, the curvature of the area where bracelet meets the case does NOT reflect natural curvature of the case based on its diameter. So if you take the circle of the fluted part (green), it is exactly what is should be based on 39mm diameter. But then the part meeting end links (red) is a bit straightened, it is still curved, but this curve is much shallower. That is why straps work well with this watch, because straight part of the strap meets almost straight part of the case but... unfortunately only Globemaster end links will fit this case. That means that probably the only bracelet option is the original one.

I want to definetly deny urban legend of Globemaster bracelet being uncomfortable or hard to fit. Yes - it does not have any micro adjustments, but also it is made entirely of something I would call half-links. So the chance of finding a sweet spot is very high in my humble opinion.

globe.jpg
    Omegafanman and tommythunders like this.
  4. tommythunders Mar 17, 2022

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the difference in profile as well. It's really too bad... I imagine there has to be some bracelet with a similar profile endlink though. Maybe a watch with a 42 mm case would have the right profile and lug width (e.g. Speedmaster pro) due to the different radius. I can check it with my Speedmaster bracelet when I get home... Hadn't considered this. And yeah, If I could source a Globemaster bracelet, I'd go for it.

5. Butik Mar 17, 2022

In my opinion the radius is really flat and reflects rather 50mm or even bigger diameter. Speedy endling will not fit forsure - checked myself :)

tommythunders likes this.
  6. Landerhoffis Mar 17, 2022

I purchased a Globemaster in December with both the bracelet and leather band. I wore it with the bracelet for the first couple months and I never had any issues with it. This is my first luxury watch so I suppose I don't have a lot to compare it to but it never pulled any wrist hairs and I think it looks nice. I think the butterfly clasp is a nice touch and ensures I don't drop the watch while taking it on or off.

With my wedding date coming up, I switched out the bracelet for the leather band which is VERY comfortable and much lighter on the wrist, of course. It's also much easier to make an adjustment with the deployant than the bracelet on a hot/humid day. I'm planning on swapping the bracelet in for the honeymoon

7. tommythunders Mar 17, 2022

I contacted the Swatch Group to see if it's possible to get my hands on the bracelet. We'll see what shakes out.

8. tommythunders Mar 17, 2022

Can anyone share the bracelet code? Might make this easier for me

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 17, 2022

Go to the Omega website, find your nearest OMega Boutique and call them. They can help and ship.

AD’s are worthless on this issue, and real bracelets cannot be purchased at discount.

10. bombaywalla Mar 17, 2022

i wonder if your local Omega AD can be of help in ordering one for you?

OK, cancel that! Per @Foo2rama, don't reach to your Omega AD -- call the Omega Boutique....

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. Omegafanman Mar 17, 2022

Here you go.....020STZ002922...

13AC6348-E1EA-414A-B129-EBE694E1506C.png 849F24F3-57C9-4C7F-97D1-6D99922D6E21.jpeg AB934B86-0A10-4002-8AA2-3629A4D605A5.jpeg
    tommythunders likes this.
  12. tommythunders Mar 17, 2022

Amazing, you're a hero!