Forums Latest Members

New Glashutte Original Boutique in Vienna...

1. Andsan Nov 2, 2016

I had the opportunity to attend to the inauguration of Glashütte Original’s new boutique in Vienna, at Am Kolmarkt 4.
    end of October. I took an early morning flight to Vienna. The invitation also included a presentation of their new innovative Senator Excellence, caliber 36. A very elegant watch. It has more than 100 hours of power reserve and the time-keeping is exellent.
    In the evening it was time for the grand opening of the boutique in the presence of many guests. We were served oysters and champagne. The new CEO, Thomas Meier cut the ribbon.

The evening ended with classical music. From the newly opened boutique they had created a lightened path that led to the Michaeler platz where the classical concert would be enjoyed. There were also experts from GO who showed how the manual engraving and the dialmaking are done.
    Gustav Mahler Ensemble performed Mozart, Grieg and Strauss. After the concert, it was time to head for the magnificent hotel Steigenberger, where I slept very well.
    It had been a long and eventful day. On Friday morning, I went home to Stockholm with many nice memories.
    A big thank you to Renè and the Glashütte Original team for giving me the opportunity to attend to this nice event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Br

Anders

noelekal, khmt2, Trev and 7 others like this.
  2. MikeMan2727 Nov 17, 2016

Wow, looks like an awesome evening. I miss my time in Vienna. Any purchases? :)

3. Andsan Nov 18, 2016

Thanks
    It was a fantastic event.
    No new purchases but the new Excellence with moon phase attracts me a little.

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 18, 2016

Hah! Small world. Thanks Andsan for posting this thread.

I can visit the new Glashütte boutique next time we visit friends in Vienna who have a flat above the Breitling boutique which is across from it.

Directly across the street.

[​IMG]
    I'd forgotten we had this photo of my wife taking a photo of their building with her IPad. I was standing in the building entrance doorway beside the Breitling shop when I took this photo.

Andsan and ahartfie like this.
  5. Andsan Nov 20, 2016

The world is small sometimes.
    Vienna is a wonderful city. Unfortunately I have had not the best weather when I was there. GO's new store is really nice.

Br

Anders

noelekal likes this.