Forums Latest Members
  1. omegaaficionado May 31, 2013

My watchmaker told me today my old speedmaster needs a new dial. He mentioned that the new one will be exactly the same as the original that came with my watch (model 145.022) Is it possible Omega keeps parts for models that old?.... Can anyone confirm?

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2013

Exactly has different meaning for different folks. But, no it won't be exactly the same. It will be a modern replacement with different luminous material. Why does he say it needs a new one? Do you have pictures?

3. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 31, 2013

and there will be no step in the dial.....

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 31, 2013

take a good picture of your dial now. we might be able to restore it for you. kind regards. achim

5. omegaaficionado May 31, 2013

A couple of days ago I noticed the dial was displaced. Apparently one of the feet is broken and it is unfixable. They can try to solder it back in place but if this fails the whole dial might get ruined.

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jun 1, 2013

You can buy a soldering machine that uses electricity to melt the solder - much as an arc welder - for $250 http://www.watchlume.com/Dial-Foot-Solderer Bergeon also sell one but at much higher cost. This is probably the safest way to solder dial feet as far as I am aware. It might be worth finding a watchmaker who uses one of these to repair the dial rather than compromise the originality of your watch.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 1, 2013

I think Al Archer (here) does that. And you are in luck as Al is in Canada.:thumbsup:

8. omegaaficionado Jun 1, 2013

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. They'll give more info on Monday ,I'll keep my fingers crossed until then