Forums Latest Members
  1. mikechi22 Jul 12, 2017

Hello, Forum members! I've combed the old threads and am not finding the best leads, so I turn to your collective expertise!

I've landed myself in the unfortunate situation of needing to replace two, Omega Dynamic leather watch bands and need a custom purveyor, most likely. I bought ladies' vintage watches for my sisters and apparently folks in the 70's were quite petite...

Could you recommend a vendor or craftsperson who could provide or fabricate an extra-long Dynamic watch band?

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

2. westmtn Jul 12, 2017

mikechi22 and José9 like this.
  3. mikechi22 Jul 13, 2017

4. Tallville Jul 13, 2017

How did it go ? I need two as well !

Cheers

Phil

5. mikechi22 Jul 13, 2017

Hi Phil! I reached out to the reference above but haven't heard back yet. If I do find a leather maker who is interested, may I also mention that you are looking for two of these straps? It might suddenly be worth the person's while if he's making 4 instead of two. I just sent off an inquiry to a guy in England too!

6. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

Sure can. I'm looking for standard size, what condition are your existing straps in ? (I need blue)

7. mikechi22 Jul 14, 2017

Hi Phil - if you need standard sized straps, you'd be better off to buy from eBay. There are several vendors offering them in multiple colors, so that's going to be your easiest, best route. The guy in England just told me to go scratch, so I'm despairing that I'll ever get those watches to fit!

8. jimmyd13 Jul 14, 2017

Steveo's fine ... makes some really "chunky" straps and also vintage. You can contact him through steveostraps.com or just browse his site, look at the gallery and fill in the form on there.

9. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

The ladies dynamic strap is particularly delicate and would be difficult to make, even for a professional. Chunky is not what you need for this model. There are some £15 copies out there but the genuine article is a thing of beauty.

Until last week a UK company called Cousins advertised men and women's straps including an XL size Mike, but they turned out only to have men's and have since changed their add.

It's a strange market that Omega / Swatch guard carefully. I guess they turn up in drawers now and again.

Those metal O rings look like a good option but I've never seen a ladies version, as before you'd need serious skills to make a ladies size.

We feel for you Mike , with two ladies waiting yours is a different dynamic

10. Noddyman Jul 14, 2017

+1 on Stevostraps, bought a couple off him, good quality and decent price.

mikechi22 likes this.
  11. sxl2004 Jul 14, 2017

Try ABP in Paris.
    They live for custom straps in the top tier of strap makers. Not cheap but they represent value.

12. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

Pic

13. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

Pic

14. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

Thanks, I have emailed both (FYI Mike)

15. Noddyman Jul 14, 2017

Tallville, I've only bought standard straps you can find on Steveo's website. He does make many custom straps to order and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a template for the Dynamic. Send a PM he's very helpful!

16. Tallville Jul 14, 2017

Thanks, already emailed him let's see what he says.

Mike, turns out Cousins advertise a ladies metal O ring thing for £95 , which is a lot of $

17. mikechi22 Jul 14, 2017

I'll give them a try! Thanks!

18. Noddyman Jul 14, 2017

It would be good to know your findings? I am on the hunt for a nice Dynamic and would be useful for future reference.
    Thanks

19. mikechi22 Jul 14, 2017

I think I'm ok on the O-ring. One of those watches I bought has a new, replacement band on it - its attached with the O-ring...it's just too small for my dear Rubenesque sister!

The other watch I have has a steel bracelet on it, so the solution there might be to lay hands on some extra links.

So, at this point, I need to find an intrepid leathersmith to make me two extra large leather ones or find another steel bracelet and several extra links for both. Ah, the thrill of the hunt!

20. mikechi22 Jul 14, 2017

It's definitely worth contacting them! I'll report what I learn!