Forums Latest Members

New custom strap for my Vancouver Ltd edition

1. Danny T Aug 29, 2013

Hi everyone,

I had posted a feedback thread a while ago asking about red leather NATO/ZULU straps for my SMP, and after browsing many sites and forums I decided to get std custom leather straps made. I finally received my first of 2 custom leather straps and this one I feel is a home run.

The strap model is called "Tequila Sunrise" which is a beautiful red leather that I thought would be the perfect shade to match the bezel on my ultimate Canuck grail. it is made by a strapmaker located in Italy called Pirate Straps (Giovanni is the skilled artist who makes the straps).

I didn't order the "stock" model and wanted to add some custom touches to "make it my own" and to add a nice casual look to the SMP. I have to say Giovanni was a real pleasure to work with! He responded to every email in a timely fashion and with the 6hr difference between us, you didn't notice it at all. With the emails back and forth Giovanni understood what I wanted and began the process. The strap is 100% hand made/dyed/stitched and I have to say the colour of this one is just beautiful. I didn't go with a true white stitch but opted for a more subtle/softer erku thread which has a more vintage feel and leans towards the ivory colour. I kept the thickness at 3mm to maintain a perfect balance with the case. While waiting Giovanni even emailed me pics of the strap in various stages of the process and it was amazing to see how a simple piece of leather is transformed into what you see before you. The verdict'.... I am EXTREMELY happy with the results!!

Enjoy the pictures (I know I took a boatload...lol). Any all feedback is appreciated :)

Danny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cvalue13 likes this.
  2. FilmDave Aug 30, 2013

Gorgeous strap. Really compliments the watch. Nice job!

Danny T likes this.
  3. Danny T Aug 30, 2013

The watch is smokin hot or worth $50 bucks with the strap ? LOL

4. OrangeSport Aug 30, 2013

Looks great. I wouldn't have thought I would like it, but I do!

Danny T likes this.