Forums Latest Members
  1. gcole Jun 16, 2017

Here's some brief background.

I use to be into Hamilton watches years and years ago eventually sold them and picked up a nice seamaster 2254.50 and another old seamaster or 2 , one with the bumper movement. I did a lot of reading and really liked the pie pan Constellation's

At that point i couldn't justify a nice watch and wanted to move into a different direction so i got rid of everything picked up a nice boutique watch that served its purpose.

fast forward 6-7 years , wanted that luxury watch again and searched out a 2254.50 , the seller had one and a SMPc , looked at them both and decided the newer Seamaster was the one. Hit the forums again and the fever kicked in , but have been looking at speedmasters and connie's. I am not a speedster guy , just not for me. wanted a constellation , pie pan , preferably in rose gold and broad arrow markers, dog leg lugs

Anyways , away on over night trip , and hit an antique store and found a nice Connie pie pan in stainless steel. Was not sure if it was right , owner took it to a watch guy and sent me pics of case back and mvmnt. After my research , i felt comfortable and picked up this Connie , pie pan un refinished dial (imo), omega crystal ( stamped in center , original ? ) 564 mvmnt , quick set calender , 168.010 case , the medallion is sharp and still has texture in background , love the bricks in the observatory, the crown may not be correct/original , lugs look sharp to me. Not my grail connie , but extremely nice in my limited knowledge and i like the size. Oh and it had been recently serviced and is keeping great time

Here are the pics dial.jpg med2.jpg crown.jpg

Andy K likes this.
  2. BenBagbag Jun 16, 2017

Fun story! Sounds like the antique store knew what they had... Look closer and see if you see any glue on the OMEGA letters. I can't see it so clearly but it looks like perhaps they were glued back on? Crown is not original to watch and not omega branded.

Why not share case back and movement pics with us? :)

Either way it looks nice!

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 16, 2017

Congratulations
    I have a particular fondness for these Connies.
    Nice dial :thumbsup:
    And nice medallion too
    The lugs have seen some polishing - they usually have a faceted edge
    The crown is possibly one of the shape options for an .010 but it doesn't have the Omega logo - so unless it's worn off - you're correct that it's a replacement.

These little fellas take a 19 mm strap by the way.
    Not so many options around for tapered 19mm straps though.

Enjoy wearing it.

JulienLeBreton likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Jun 16, 2017

I'll echo @Peemacgee's sentiments - congratulations :)

For sure it has seen a bit of action during its life, but it doesn't seem abused to me. Research paid off, I'd say.

5. gcole Jun 19, 2017

Finally got a chance to post pics of case and mvmnt , these are from the antique store , took it to the jeweler to open and get me pics

Having a little remorse , not sure how much I will wear it.
    image.jpg image.jpg

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 19, 2017

Why the remorse?
    It's a nice watch.
    They wear a little bigger than other Connies and look great with a suit.
    Wear it and enjoy it. :)