Forums Latest Members

New "collector" Needs Help Verifying Whether Seamaster Sweep Second Hand Is Original.

1. fowlintent Apr 25, 2013

Recently bought a 1960's (563 calibre) Seamaster, represented to me as "mint .....with original gold tone minute, hour and sweep seconds hands". After a little internet research, I have been unable to confirm that Omega ever equipped any of their watches with the red tipped arrow shaped second hand. The watch certainly appears mint, but have a real question as to whether the second hand is actually original. Any help from more experienced collectors would be greatly appreciated. ott1.jpg

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 25, 2013

Friend, that is not an original second hand and in my opinion the dial has been repainted as well. If you paid "original watch" money for that, I'd recommend you return it.

3. AJDay Apr 25, 2013

^ What he said

4. ulackfocus Apr 25, 2013

Wow, that's one to return for sure. Redialed, probably all replacement hands too.

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 25, 2013

Those hands are replacement for sure, but Omega did make some red arrowhead second hand on some models.and they are quite rare

[​IMG]

:D

6. pitpro Likes the game. Apr 25, 2013

second hand is too long :D

7. ozmega Apr 25, 2013

Sorry mate, but that's totally nasty.

Don't feel bad, we've all been screwed in the start.

8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 25, 2013

If you could not return it, just wear and cherish it. We are all do mistakes.
    Discuss and learn about the watch you INTEND to buy in this forum to avoid repeating mistakes. I found all expert members are very helpful in giving advice and share their experience.

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Apr 26, 2013

That is a great watch Hoi!

10. Superpacker Apr 26, 2013

This is NOT made as a shot at the OP, because I feel for him. However, this verified how much just spending a few weeks lurking has taught me, as I too saw this watch for sale and could tell based on what I had learned here that it was are redial and re-purposed second hand.

cicindela, dsio and hoipolloi like this.