Forums Latest Members
  1. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 10, 2015

Good evening all
    This thread is about getting in a good service (apologies for the thread title pun)
    It's the one thing that we all need if we want to keep our precious watches in good order but it is really hard to find a list of good go-to guys. (especially for newbies like me who don't know who's out there)

I picked up a thread that listed good Ebay sellers -but I haven't found one that does the same for people who provide a good watch service.
    I recently asked for recommendations and got a few names but at least a couple of them are stacked out.
    I need service guys in the UK and I realise that this an international forum -but that shouldn't be a problem, should it? -there can be country/region specific lists.
    (I have seen US and -I think- Danish lists)
    I've got a couple of watches that need a 'good seeing to' -only one Omega I'm afraid (my recent acquisition) but in time-honoured fashion, I will parade them for you pleasure all the same.

Here's what I hope to be the start of the list (my thanks to the kind members who supplied the names)
    Additions, experience, comments, recommendations, value for money, welcomed (I realise that it might be bad form to comment on OF members -unless you are heaping praise upon them of course.....;) )

UK
    www.swisstimeservices.co.uk
    @@stefan here on OF
    Christian at watchguy.co.uk -stacked
    Rocco at http://www.watchworks.co.uk -stacked
    http://www.watchdoctors.co.uk
    Roberto Facchini, Norfolk. [email protected]

International
    Archer -stacked

now for my meagre and eclectic selection of watches:

Tissot Seastar Automatic, 1972, cal 2481 (the watch I was given last summer - that brought me to Omegas)
    The 'bloom' on the minute hand is just a reflection -it's in really good nick -except of course that the quick set date is stuck -and it only operates on manual winding..... SAM_5418.JPG
    SAM_5429.JPG

My enigmatic French Comet -with an early rotary automatic Lorsa 237b (likely late 50's)
    Antichoc with a Bagobloc case-back
    -enigmatic because finding anything about French watches is almost impossible. (Sacre bleu! -have I tried.....)
    Unusual numerals -but almost certainly pre-dates the Russian watches with the same script.
    Note the crazy retaining clip keeping the movement in place -but it's meant to be there.
    (drop of radium anybody?)
    SAM_5580.JPG SAM_5577.JPG

and my wonderful Constellation (I doubt that I'll ever get tired of saying that)
    I won't know what it has under the hood until I get my hands on it -but probably mid 60's cal 561
    DSC_0001a.jpg