Forums Latest Members
  1. blunosr Nov 10, 2018

IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.JPG IMG_3903.JPG IMG_3904.JPG Just arrived. Purchased in the private sales sub from OF member tmw57. Seamaster 2848 with cal 490. It fits well with its siblings.

As an aside and especially after reading the dealer vs private seller posts, I think tmw57 was more than fair with his price and great to deal with and , (hopefully he won't mind me saying this) apparently he declined a quick offer from a dealer in the hope of selling it to another enthusiast within our community. I had been looking for something like this for some time and was starting to think I'd need to go the dealer route and pay well over what I was comfortable with. (Also don't have enough posts to post in the wanted to buy section...) Felt comfortable doing a wire transfer since it was within the community. I know that newer members are often encouraged to shop the sales section here and I think this is a good example of why that is. Thanks again tmw57 and thanks to everyone who participates in this group.

BenBagbag and be.norm like this.