Forums Latest Members

New Arrival II ! Gemini IV LE Speedmaster Pro

1. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 3, 2014

This was delivered today. Thanks to Ash for answering private message questions about this watch model. I do not have the original box, but I do have the original sales receipt from May 25, 2006. The watch was purchased from an AD. As far as I can tell the MSRP was $3200 and the sales price was $2720. With sales tax the final price was $2856.00

IMG_20141003_192000.jpg
  2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 3, 2014

Red dot still on watch case. Does this mean no service has been completed?

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 4, 2014

It is keeping time ok, after 12 hours is running fast by 4-5 seconds. The watch is in mint condition and while I never thought I would own two speedmasters pros, this is the one I always wanted and I could not pass on the price.

The watch is 10 years old, and the red seal is still intact. Do I spend the $500 to service? I have my eye on a SHOM, so doing a service prolongs the delivery of the next watch....

speedy pros.jpg

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 4, 2014

Thought Taddy deserved his own thread for this :thumbsup:

Taddyangle likes this.
  5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 4, 2014

I think you are right, I need the Gemini to have a matching set.
    _W5J506a7.jpg

ras47, SouthernScot, 250scr and 5 others like this.
  6. DocHolliday Oct 5, 2014

Jealous. Nice!

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 5, 2014

This was the only other item that came with this watch. I was able to determine that the seller was the second owner and owned the watch for one year. Based on the condition of the watch it appears that it was not worn much at all, as it looks 10 days old and not 10 years old.

IMG_20141005_092147.jpg

Speedy2254 and JohnSteed like this.
  8. JohnSteed Oct 5, 2014

You're in good company. Think most of us here on OF (if not most) started same way, now have more of these babies than we ever thought we would.

So :thumbsup:

Good question I'm sure others have asked. IMHO, service IF you intend to wear the watch.

Taddyangle likes this.
  9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 5, 2014

So at this point I am weighting the pros and cons of wearing this watch. I bought is because it is my most favorite speedy model, I love blue dials and the price was right for me.

I also know when wearing watches, they tend to get beat up, at least when I wear them, no matter how careful I think I am being. While this wont be a daily wear, it does get me thinking.... If I wear it, it will lose value due to the abuse. But I did buy this to enjoy and ideally would like to pass the this down to my oldest boy (just started college) in 10-15 years.

If this watch was in average shape I would not be having this conversation.

gemini in sun.jpg

ras47, watchme, bb58 and 4 others like this.
  10. Mothra Oct 5, 2014

Wear it, then get Archer to sort it out if you ever sell it on.

11. phelix_da_kat Oct 5, 2014

OMG. What a pair!
    Lovely pandas.

Petrus likes this.
  12. Fusion Oct 6, 2014

stunning gemini. I say wear it - pass it on to your son still, but having it worn will make him feel better about wearing it, and he will appreciate it for what it has helped you through. btw that first pic is hilarious :)

13. Mothra Oct 6, 2014

:) Good point, when I get my Gemini 4 ill use the first pic...

14. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 6, 2014

On my wish list. A real beauty.

15. Hijak Oct 10, 2014

Great watch...wear it and enjoy. And I love that you added to my picture in you're original post!:thumbsup:

Taddyangle likes this.
  16. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Oct 10, 2014

That's one class watch, the blue dial is stunning.

17. repoman Oct 10, 2014

I made an offer on one of these a few weeks ago, sadly, not accepted. Definitely wear it, you clearly love it and I can't see loving something that you keep hidden away. So what if it picks up a little "character" along the way. Like you, I didn't see owning multiple Speedmasters when I first started down this journey (I've got 4 now), and I definitely want to add the Panda and the Gemini, at which point, I hope I feel completely satisfied as this Speedmaster obsession is going to postpone my retirement by several years !

18. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 13, 2014

I have just been in awe with this watch over the last 10 days. The color is fascinating. It is such an amazing compliment to the Panda. I think I am set for life.

Or until the next shiny watch arrives. Hopefully the SHOM arrives tomorrow. It is a watchco version.

I also have my eye on a vintage Omega 200 Seamaster, 166.091, but still negotiating a price.

I have decided to sell off all but Omega and JLC watches, and only buy Omega and JLC. The Longines Legend was sold last week.

19. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 13, 2014

If the watch is that nice you should definitely not be wearing it. You should send this to me for proper safe keeping. If you like I will make the final arrangements to pass this on to your son when that is necessary. As you are a member in good standing of ΩF I will wave the customary fees. :thumbsup:

Taddyangle and tpatta like this.
  20. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Oct 13, 2014

Very funny. I did go visit my son this weekend (he attends college at U of Arizona) and not once did I catch him staring at the watch despite my obvious wrist placements. I did get an "oh cool" however at some point during the weekend. And that was better than past statements of "another watch?"

I suspect most 18 year-olds do not have the same appreciation for watches as we do. So I think I will be keeping this one for 20 more years.

waveguide and Mad Dog like this.