Forums Latest Members
  1. ethanross Nov 5, 2017

Hey all -

newish to the forum. i just bought a new aqua terra online (I know, generally a no-no). I got it at jomashop which I believe is the most reputable online dealer (not an AD, I know). I took to the omega boutique to get a new strap because i wasn't crazy about the nato strap that it came with. Then I got paranoid for no reason that the watch isn't real, even though I verified all the serial numbers, counted the ticks per second, made sure the the omega symbol on the face was legit, and did the luminosity check. The lady at the boutique was very nice about changing the strap even though I didn't purchase the watch there. Also, neither of the salespeople at the boutique who handled my watch told me it was fake.

The thing that really got me spooked (not sure if this is a grounded fear) is the fact that on the case back, the "aqua terra" and "150m/500ft" engravings are not exactly at 12 and 6. Does anyone know if this is something that should be the case.

Also - when I set the hour hand, the second hand does not stop, but, when i set the minute hand, the second hand stops. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I am probably overly paranoid, but I just want to cover all my basis. I know some fakes today are so good I just want to be sure.

I have attached some pics as well!

IMG_5885.JPG IMG_5886.JPG IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5888.JPG
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 5, 2017

Serial number: 88987789
    Article ref: 22012412102003
    Version of movement: 8900A

Your watch looks fine to me, and from what you have described nothing is out of the ordinary with regards to how it functions.

Cheers, Al

3. Mozziebite Nov 5, 2017

Not sure if I understand you correctly, and I’m not familiar with the 8900 movement, but assuming it’s the same as the 8500 then when you pull the crown out to position 2 you can adjust the hour hand (it should “jump” by an hour forwards or backwards) independently without stopping the seconds or minutes hands. If you pull the crown out further to position 3, the seconds hand stops so you can then set the time accurately. This is the normal behaviour.

Edited Nov 5, 2017
    akshayluc420 likes this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Nov 5, 2017

Nice watch :thumbsup:

5. nurseford25 Nov 5, 2017

I agree with the above comments. Your watch looks good and functions as it should for that movement. Enjoy.