Forums Latest Members

New Aqua Terra not manually winding?

1. Ssinger02 Mar 28, 2016

Hello. I just received a new aqua terra 8500 from a grey market dealer. I was inspecting and testing out all of its functions today when I noticed I can't really wind it manually in position 1. When I try to turn the crown clockwise it just starts to screw down. I realize its an automatic and i wont really need to wind it manually, but it concerns me. I have a worthless grey market warrenty but im debating on just returning it. Everything else seems to work and it's keeping accurate time for the 12 hours I've had it. Is there something wrong? Or am I just an idiot who can't figure out how to wind it. Thanks for any advice!

2. wsfarrell Mar 28, 2016

On the ones I've handled (and owned), there's a slight click as the stem disengages from the threads when unscrewed. If you don't feel that, pull the stem out a bit, gently, and it should come free of the threads. When you wind it, you won't feel much of anything----this is an incredibly well-built movement.

3. Cosd Mar 28, 2016

On mine, after unscrewing, give it a light pull and it will put it in position one.
    From position one you need to press in to screw back in.

4. Ssinger02 Mar 29, 2016

Thank you for the responses. It still won't wind. I think I'm just going to return it

5. Ssinger02 Mar 29, 2016

For anyone who cares. I took the watch to an omega store and the tec there was able to get the watch to manually wind. Apparently the crown was very tight since the watch was not in use for a while(I got the skyfall model). Thanks for everyone's help. I'm very excited to finally own an omega

6. Cosd Mar 29, 2016

It's not true without a wrist pic...!

7. Ssinger02 Mar 29, 2016

Cosd and ahartfie like this.
  8. Cosd Mar 29, 2016

Vey nice indeed.
    I think you'll find like I do with mine, the teak face on the AT seems to change colour according to the light conditions. I've had people thinking my black face is black, grey and even dark blue. Yours has really come alive outside in the sunshine.

Wear it in good health.

Cos

9. Jminchoi Mar 30, 2016

Glad to hear that it was a relatively easy resolution. Nice watch!

10. Ssinger02 Mar 30, 2016

Thanks guys!