Forums Latest Members
  1. wanderingshi Apr 17, 2019

Just became a proud owner of a new aqua terra. I was able to get the leather strap version for 40% off MSRP, but I'm toying with the idea of a bracelet.

It seems like getting it brand new from the boutique is going to cost quite a bit and I'm not sure if I'd like the bracelet enough to do that.

On eBay, I found a 1574 / 898 (bracelet for older Aqua Terra) on sale, much cheaper than a brand new bracelet which I'm not sure I'd like. It's 20mm as well. Should I just get that one? Would that fit my AT?

Or are there other aftermarket bracelet options I can consider? Thanks!

2. CJpickup57 Apr 17, 2019

Congrats on your new purchase! Now you have to post pictures of the beauty so we can admire it as well.

I am not 100% sure on the part numbers and fitment so I cannot comment on your bracelet question. However, I will say for certain that you will need different spring bars for the bracelet option. Check with your OB or AD for the correct part number of spring bar with bracelet option. My AD charged me $4 per spring bar as I ordered a few different ones in the MSQ packs of 10 for my own stock purposes.

Hopefully someone will chime in with an answer on your bracelet fitment question. My AT I purchased new in March of this year is on a rubber strap and have not looked into a bracelet for it as i find my current fitment very comfortable.

3. wanderingshi Apr 17, 2019

fskywalker and CJpickup57 like this.
  4. Comtaygious Apr 17, 2019

amazing watch and solid bracelet choice.

5. fskywalker Apr 17, 2019

Older bracelet won't fit as end links are different

6. wanderingshi Apr 17, 2019

Thanks! As in it won't physically fit? Or that it'd look off?

fskywalker likes this.
  7. fskywalker Apr 17, 2019

The springbar will not align with the lug holes

wanderingshi likes this.
  8. wanderingshi Apr 17, 2019

Got it. So it sounds like it won't physically fit even with different spring bars. I guess my only option is to get the OEM bracelet? Any other options?

9. hbombkid Apr 18, 2019

Not sure if this would work but I have seen it happen before / little mod.

I have seen people use a PO 8500 bracelet on a 2500 model. By default the 8500 end links do not line up. They took the end links off and put the 2500 links on. I knownthey had to use the 2500 pins vs the 8500 screws.

I kinda did a mod like this years ago I put the adjustable clasp onto a 2500 bracelet. One side was screws and one side was pins.

I can’t see why you could not do this on an AT bracelet if the price was right. The end links are probably 50 each.