Forums Latest Members
  1. Fds13 Oct 10, 2015

Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I've been on this site for many months and enjoy the wit and knowledge of the members. I'm watch less and have searched countless styles of watch makers and determined that the omega family is where I want to begin a collection. My goal is to purchase vintage Seamaster to wear everyday in the next few months to pass on to my son. I'm at the point where I need to 'pull the trigger' and purchase.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 10, 2015

Hello and welcome!

I aim to contribute wit, rather than knowledge. But I usually fail at both......

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2015

Welcome.

How about posting some pics of the sorts of Seamasters you're interested in - people will be chipping in with suggestions and advice in no time.

4. Fds13 Oct 11, 2015

Absolutely, my thoughts are on purchasing a timeless, simple and elegant mechanical with the craftsmanship that was built to last versus the proliferated current disposable trends. Omega is a work of art.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  5. Fds13 Oct 11, 2015

6. Hijak Oct 11, 2015

Some bad redials in those pictures!:eek: I question third one and first and last certainly are.

7. Fds13 Oct 11, 2015

Thank you Hijak I have a lot to learn before I purchase. I appreciate your feedback and from others as well.

8. Fer Seamaster Oct 13, 2015

Welcome!! My advice is, perhaps, a little bit disrruptive with the style you are proposing: If you want to use this watch as a daily wearer and to pass it on to your son (who I assume is a "young" guy) perhaps a good choice is a Seamaster Bond: newer watch, reliable movement, nice bracelet and same Omega background.

You can find nicely aged bezels and patinated indexes which can give you the "vintage feeling":

[​IMG]

9. Rockmastermike Oct 13, 2015

Welcome aboard! Love the seamaster chrono

10. Fds13 Oct 15, 2015

Thank you all for the welcome. I have a lot to digest and look forward to learning from this community.

11. vinn2 Oct 18, 2015

age and wisdom ---- with wit

12. Fds13 Oct 18, 2015

Thank you for the advice. With my current lack of knowledge on how to spot a Frankenstein watch or counterfeit, I am wary. Caveat Emptor is on my mind as I look at so many beautiful vintage peices. I am in Las Vegas right now and Wow so many great watches and perhaps I might go new first as I develop a better eye.