Forums Latest Members
  1. gjt Nov 24, 2018

Hi guys, just wanted to share a new addition to commemorate my upcoming (50th) birthday in a couple of months. It's the 39.5mm Planet Ocean, which I think fits my wrist pretty well. I decided to get it while I was on a short holiday with my wife. We got really good service from the Omega AD we visited and I was pretty happy with the discount offered, so decided to get it. I'm really really happy with it, and my wife also thinks that it was a great choice.

This will be my second Omega, to add to the Moonwatch that I got last year. I contemplated getting the Aqua Terra, but decided that it was too similar to the Explorer 1 that I own, and I just love how the Planet Ocean looks and feels on the wrist. I also tried the new Seamaster 300m but unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me. Furthermore, it was just a bit too big for my tiny wrist.

Here are photos of my new Planet Ocean, the Moonwatch, and the Explorer 1. (Apologies for the incorrect date on the PO - I don't really use the date function on my watches, and I can't really be bothered to set it ...!)

Thanks for reading :) IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

Foo2rama, Bushido and nurseford25 like this.
  2. Woodlands Nov 24, 2018

Nice! I got an Omega (my first) for my 50th recently as well.

Happy Birthday!

J

B92D3505-F79E-4CB4-A004-3D26A8193A29.jpeg
    nurseford25 likes this.
  3. Bushido Nov 24, 2018

Congratulations on the new PO and an early happy birthday!

4. Ian_km Nov 25, 2018

Congratulations, I got my Planet Ocean for my 40th!

5. jaguar11 Nov 25, 2018

Congratulations!!!!!!! Nice watch. Wear in good health.

6. gjt Nov 26, 2018

Thanks very much for all the kind words :) I'm really enjoying the new watch.

Ironically, I actually tried it about 3 months ago and my initial impression was that it was just slightly too thick, although I did really like how it looked. However, after looking at and trying a number of other dive watches from various brands, nothing really impressed me. A couple of weeks ago, I went to a local AD to have another look and to try it again, and thought that it didn't seem as thick as what I initially thought. In fact, I didn't have any trouble with it fitting under my shirt sleeve. That's when I decided that it's the watch for me.

After I got the Moonwatch last year, I told my wife that it would be the last expensive watch I'd buy. So I was pleasantly surprised that she was okay with me getting the PO for my upcoming 50th birthday - the only words of advice from her was to make sure I got the watch that I really wanted and not get something that I might regret later. I'm pretty confident that I won't regret getting the PO ...