Forums Latest Members
  1. Desert Weasel Oct 28, 2012

Hi all, this watch collecting bug has really bit hard.... my new addition and i absolutely adore this watch.
    Picked up from Omega Boutique at Manchester, and now back with me in Saudi :thumbsup:,

Regards SMP.jpg

Privateday7, Carl and dsio like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

Niiiiiiiiiice!! ::jumpy::

3. ulackfocus Oct 28, 2012

Black & red chronos rock!

4. Whirling Oct 28, 2012

That is a gorgeous watch.

Jon

Desert Weasel likes this.
  5. Carl Oct 28, 2012

:thumbsup: Very easy to see why you adore ::love:: that one! Congratulations. That is a gorgeous chrono, especially with the red and white accents.
    Cheers,
    Carl

6. alam Oct 28, 2012

The red accents give it a nice touch! :thumbsup: congrats!

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 28, 2012

Very nice...............would be in my wish list. Is the bezel ceramic or aluminium/steel?

8. steven Oct 29, 2012

The adoration will only grow - mine is a week old today - and can't believe I actually considered not buying it! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2012

Did you get a chance to see the review I did on the 2225.80?, same watch as yours but in the blue version

10. steven Oct 29, 2012

I did yes, and it was excellent...very thorough and informative.

I'm very much a novice when it comes to appreciation of Omega (and watches in general) so never considered anything to do with the movement etc, prior to purchase...I went purely on 'look'! The review also helped appease me that i'd made a sound purchase. Thanks again.

dsio likes this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2012

Cool, enjoy the watch mate, yea they're a seriously tough, heavy duty diver, nearly any other sports watch feels like a toy by comparison.

12. steven Oct 29, 2012

You have me intrigued...? Not that I want a collection made up of entirely the same type of watch, but i'd be interested to hear what is on a par with this kind of build quality.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 29, 2012

Its not build quality in the Patek sense, in that its extremely finely finished, but rather more in the 1970s Mercedes Benz sense, in that you could run over a cow and keep going. If tough, big Omegas are your thing, have a look at the Omega Ploprof, its the beast of the Omega diver lineup, also the Planet Oceans, particularly the 8500 with ceramic bezel and 9300 feature extremely well made movements in exceptionally heavy duty cases (I believe the 8500 is slightly heavier than the SMPC, and the 9300 is definitely far heavier).

The Rolex Deepsea Seadweller is also in the same category but its bracelet and head are a bit out of proportion.

14. Desert Weasel Oct 29, 2012

Indeed I did read the review also, very informative and as Steven stated it also appeased me that I too had made the right decision.
    Steven, I see your in Manchester, did you pick it up from the Trafford centre too ;) made a day out to get mine while I was back home, even took it for a meal after I picked it up.... Oh and the wife too ;)

15. steven Oct 29, 2012

I actually got mine in Valencia on a trip there last week...although I didnt actually know there was an Omega Boutique in the Trafford Centre, so that was really useful to know. I work in the city centre, so there isn't the greatest selection...and a number of the 'different' retailers are actually all part of the same group - which I was not aware of previously. I assume the boutique was a great experience?