Forums Latest Members

New A Lange and Sohne Steel Sports watch!

1. jolyon Oct 24, 2019

2. Martin_J_N Oct 24, 2019

Its rather nice, in fact I'll go as far as to say I like it.

Now if the lottery numbers come up at the weekend...............

KingCrouchy and Pun like this.
  3. Rasputin The Mad Monk of OF Oct 24, 2019

That’s some pricey perlage.

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 24, 2019

Nobody else think the way the bracelet is designed and operates is novel and extremely well designed (aesthetics aside)?

5. machamp6650 Oct 24, 2019

Looks good - but 30k worth of good?

6. Chye Oct 24, 2019

7. Om3ga321 Oct 24, 2019

That bracelet is plain ugly to my eyes.

GregH likes this.
  8. Traveler Oct 24, 2019

Pass

FinWatch likes this.
  9. WatchCor Oct 25, 2019

Personally I found this very odd. Estheticwise and historywise. The chuckiness/beefiness of it overall with the attempt to hybridize a sportwatch look with a classic Lange looks very off to me.

It's a no thank you from me and a "why?" muttered under my breath.

10. queriver Oct 25, 2019

The ALS website calls this "sporty-elegant" which I guess sums up the market they're aiming this at. This could easily be a dress watch for some. Full respect to ALS for their other watches but the traditional aesthetic seen in their other watches wouldn't appeal to some people. Odysseus broadens the ALS appeal to a wider, younger, market that's looking for a more contemporary aesthetic with the same DNA, build quality and finish. So I think it's a smart move on their part.

Pun and Martin_J_N like this.
  11. Speedmasterfan88 Oct 25, 2019

A lot of customers were asking for a steel Lange for quite some time. It‘s a right move forward in my opinion. From a stylistic standpoint I wanted to see something else. Not my cup of tea.

What gets me the most is the pseudo add on material on the crown side that „protects“ and houses the pushers for the day-date function. Why pushers at all? Day-date is a complication that can very well be operated by the crown, as it‘s done on many other watches, no need for pushers here for such a simple function.

Plus I‘m expecting a Chronograph Version to follow this basic three hander. It will be interesting to see where they will place the Chronograph pushers.

The bracelet is for sure cleverly done, with the quick adjustment of up to 7mm through the clasp by simply pushing a button.

But, and it’s a big but, I don’t get it why they still went with a traditional lug design when they decided to go the integrated bracelet route.
    This looks like as if a thirdparty company made an attempt to offer an integrated bracelet solution to a normal Lange case. I can’t unsee it now.

Give Lange some time, steel opens up a whole new world for them to explore.
    The Nautilus and Royal Oak didn’t became Icons from the get go.

Cheers,

Max

WatchCor likes this.
  12. Mmike1357 Oct 26, 2019

I’m not sure why the HODINKEE article talks about an integrated bracelet, it looks to have typical end links and lugs. To that end the end links, lug and bracelet fit look terrible, like something on an inexpensive Seiko.

13. WatchTimes Oct 26, 2019

Probably will be worth a fortune in 20 years like the few stainless patek complications out there.
    I do not imagine they will sell a ton of them, its just kinda fugly

WatchCor likes this.
  14. billving Oct 27, 2019

Definitely a no for me. I really don't like anything about it. Nautilus is the king to me.

15. MTROIS Feb 17, 2020

Would love to see the Odysseus in real life. Already know this one is not for me, but would love to see the build quality on this one.

16. pix98 Jun 17, 2020

love Lange ,an underated brand
    but not found of this one...

17. WatchTimes Jul 15, 2020

I like it
    I love the color of the dial, while I am not a fan of the day of the week on a dial (I never forget what day it is, date I never remember)
    It works on this watch.
    The bracelet again not a style I love BUT it works on this watch.
    It fits the dressy sports watch image you'd expect from them. Not something I see myself buying but if I had a friend with one who wanted to do a swap for a week Id enjoy getting to really inspect one and get some wrist time with one.
    I think Id be much more likely to want one if it was date only (priced accordingly)

18. pongster Jul 25, 2020

agreed. still nautilus for me.

image.jpg
    Pun and WatchCor like this.