Forums Latest Members

Never should have waited so long/ first Speedmaster

1. Gt390 Feb 14, 2019

407329BF-07A9-470C-865F-936159768C2A.jpeg Kind of following a lot of the other posts about a first speedmaster I guess. Now that I have one I wish I had done it years ago. But it seemed like there was always some other watch that got purchased instead.
    I love the space exploration history of the watch. Like a lot of us I watched the moon landings on tv as a child. You don’t hear kids saying they want to grow up to be astronauts anymore, kind of sad. The manual winding is even a plus for me as I feel the daily ritual adds to the connection with the watch.
    Anyway I slapped a favorite old bracelet that I think originally came off a Seiko on it. It will be my new beater/every day watch from now on. Couldn’t be happier with it and I am glad to see first hand now what all the fuss is about. I love my speedy.

Possed the required wrist shot before I swapped out the band it came on as I understand it didn’t really happen without pics :)

DotOverNine, Au79, TLIGuy and 6 others like this.
  2. IanS Feb 14, 2019

Buy some bandages and disinfectant. You'll be walking around all smitten, looking constantly at your wrist, and injuring yourself by banging headfirst into walls, street signs, light poles, etc.

Gt390 and omegastar like this.