Forums Latest Members
  1. TWhyte Jun 25, 2019

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have recently been trying to find a Constellation. However, from what I've read so far it seems like its a market filled with lots of re-dials and questionable authenticity, all of which I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to spot.

I've come across this watch for sale from a private seller - a 168.010 Constellation. Asking £1200 for it. I'd be really grateful is anyone could weigh in on what they make of it. Thanks.

[​IMG]

I've attached other photos of the movement and backplate for reference

Connie2.jpg Connie3.jpg
  2. Shabbaz Jun 25, 2019

I can weigh in. It's mine! :D

This is the second time this week I see one of my watches here on OF... It almost looks like I'm a dealer... :D

3. intron Jun 25, 2019

Be careful. If you buy it, you might get cut by the sharp lugs :)

Shabbaz and DaveK like this.
  4. Henneth Jun 25, 2019

Dial and case look really good. Don’t want to step on anyone’s toes but the different colors of the movement might indicate that some parts were replaced during service or the movement was cobbled together. But based on the picture it might as well be just the lighting. Also seems that the Rotor shows minor signs of rotor rub...

5. Shabbaz Jun 25, 2019

Does not look 'cobbled together' to me... But I'm with you with the service...

Screenshot_20190625-215907_Gallery.jpg
    Henneth likes this.
  6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 25, 2019

Welcome @TWhyte

I’m known to have a particular fondness for this reference. (I have couple -see below :))

Nice sharp case.
    Good looking dial with dauphine hands and silvered (rhodium plated IIRC) indices and onyx inserts. (My two similar watches have gold indices and hands and I’ve been looking for one with silvered versions as I think they look better - more understated)
    Nice caseback and medallion.
    Original hidden crown. (Which is a bonus as you can’t get them new anymore)
    Cal 564 with quickset date.
    I’ll echo the possible rotor rub (very common) so factor in a service (as you should with any vintage watch that you buy).
    I’m personally not a fan of the cyclops crystal but it is a genuine Omega crystal with the symbol in the centre.

The .010 wears a little bigger on the wrist due to the round case, slim bezel and 19mm lug spacing.

It would be a thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:
    (I certainly wouldn’t be selling it if it were mine @Shabbaz )

Hope that helps.

Any excuse for a pic of my ‘gang’
    A6F2C335-B777-4254-AD58-31B88387A6C0.png

7. Henneth Jun 25, 2019

I stand corrected, based on the additional photo the movement looks good. First movement photo showed all shades of copper but maybe it is just my lousy iPhone...;)

Shabbaz likes this.
  8. Shabbaz Jun 25, 2019

Thnx for the kind words @Peemacgee.

To be honest, I forgot this one was for sale. I threw it on chrono a couple of week/months ago because I wanted to get some funds together for my sm 300. But I've sold rather quick a couple of my watches and last week I bought the sm 300 from @watchknut. So this one does not need to go anymore. Maybe I'll keep it. But I need to wear it then. Right now it's lying in a box for months...

Peemacgee likes this.
  9. TWhyte Jun 26, 2019

Massive thanks to everyone for all the help, appreciate the expert insight. Certainly have some things to think about

10. Shabbaz Jun 26, 2019

Me too...