Forums Latest Members

Need your opinions about this Omega being real or fake for a court case in Europe in Jan

1. americanwoman54 Dec 4, 2013

before I trudge an hour away to get to an Omega dealer. But first, I only have the watch and not the band as I threw it out in a fit of rage when it broke/disintegrated from the metal, but I can describe it. Second, the watch is part of a criminal fraud case in Europe, and I need documentation of sorts in regards to its value when new and in 2007 perhaps, for I cannot find one like it anywhere on the net. .

To describe it: The band was a not bright red alligator leather, and it had the Omega sign and name under it on the back of one strap, but no number or anything else. The face of the watch is white and hands are blue, but they do not glow in the dark. It has the two white dots at the top where they should be. Under the Omega symbol is written Omega, then Speedmaster, then Automatic and under than Chronometer. It also says Swiss Made at the bottom where it should be and the Omega symbol on the middle knob. The back has engraved on it Speedmaster Racing and then Michael Schumacher. In the middle it had embossed, the Speedmaster symbol and the Omega symbol which to me looks real. There are no other markings, and not sure if there should be a red line/dot on this style to show the case hadn't been opened or not; but if so, there isn't one. The case is heavy, though.

The story is this: I was in Europe In 2007 and was given the watch as a gift for my son from a man I loaned money to for a business; but later on, I discovered this business was a scam, and I had enough evidence for a court hearing that will FINALLY be this Jan. He told the court and his lawyer that this was not a gift but part of the loan repayment, and that it was worth $7,000 new, but the band was worn when I got it, so not sure when that would be. He was questioned where he had gotten such an expensive watch, and he told the court from his relative in the USA. Since he has connection with the local mafia and and has been convicted of fraud before, I find this highly unlikely (and yes, I know this sounds like a novel). So what I need to do is to not only prove this was not a loan repayment, but also not worth that much money in 2007, esp if it is a fake. I am posting 2 photos, but they are not very good as I don't have the camera/lense or whatever is used to take close-ups of jewelry! Any opinions/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

DSCN3394.jpg DSCN3392.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 4, 2013

Completely fake and not even a good one.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2013

It doesn't matter if it was a gift or part of the loan repayment: it has no value either way.

4. Superdoc Dec 4, 2013

....Are we being 'punked' here??

I keep looking over my shoulder for Ashton Kutcher to jump out...

this is a horrible fake...

DLT222 likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 4, 2013

Worth its weight in scrap iron only, as the others have stated, cheap knock-off.

6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 5, 2013

Fake look at the dial placement and just compare to anything on Omegas website to see the quality difference.

7. Buck2466 Dec 5, 2013

I was thinking the same thing. Well it's a helluva roundabout way to find out if it's fake or not:D

8. americanwoman54 Dec 5, 2013

Thanks for the opinions and reasons why this is fake as I really didn't know what to look for except in certain areas. I will now drive to the jeweler to get it in writing, and that should be the last nail in his coffin (or jail cell). And no, rest assured, this community was not punked. You all have been around long enough, I think, to know that at times, fact IS stranger than fiction! I just told what happened straight up, so you all would know the importance of my plight. Thanks again for your input. :)

9. ulackfocus Dec 5, 2013

Love that screen name.

americanwoman54 likes this.
  10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 6, 2013

Im surprised thats not a horses head instead f the Speedy Logo!

11. AuBuyer Posh Nouveau Yank Dec 10, 2013

That was an offer or a deal even Don Corleone would have refused!