Forums Latest Members

Need your opinion on this 1991-1992 Speedmaster Reduced

1. jasonrchua May 16, 2017

Hi Omega Forums,

I'm planning to purchase a 1991-1992 Speedmaster Reduced with a Caliber 1140 movement. I only have these 2 pictures and I need your opinion regarding the originality of the watch. Is this the normal patina for a 1991-1992 Speedmaster Reduced? I know it will be a long shot for you guys without seeing the actual watch, but what do you guys think about this?

IMG_0777.JPG IMG_0778.JPG
  2. Vintage Lemania May 16, 2017

Patina looks normal. Just be sure to ask a ton of questions in regards to how its running. I just bought one of these, a '98(or somewhere around there) and although it was advertised as being in fine running shape..its got a bunch of issues..mainly with the chrono mechanism. Ive since opened a return on Ebay. Where are you buying this from? Ebay?

Foo2rama likes this.
  3. chich May 16, 2017

I have a speedy pro from those years and the lume patina looks pretty much the same.

My only question is about the dial - I'm no expert on the reduced, but my Speedy Pro says "T Swiss Made T" to indicate the tritium on the dial. This appears to be missing that indication, however I'm not sure if the reduced ever had it in the first place. Might be something worth investigating.

4. Vintage Lemania May 16, 2017

I don't think the reduced was ever marked T swiss made T. Mine doesn't have it.

5. cwindham May 16, 2017

It wasnt marked T since this model year doesnt use tritium. I agree on the service history, make sure you ask when the last service was done and if so, get proof of it. The case edges dont look sharp and it could have been polished previously. If you like it then go for it. I wouldnt pay over 1300$ for it tho.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 17, 2017

It absolutely would have been tritium in the early 90's. Omega used tritium up until the late 90's, and many watches were left unmarked - early Bond SMP's for example are never marked tritium, but certainly had tritium dials, hands, and bezel pips.

Cheers, Al