Forums Latest Members

Need to locate a bracelet for this 1960's Constellation, Any help?

1. carreratarga Dec 22, 2018

This was purchased as a gift for my son's 30th birthday, am looking for a bracelet for it but don't know what would fit or be correct, suggestions or offers appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. carreratarga Dec 22, 2018

After some searching that I should have done first it looks like the bracelet/link is 1037/522

The watch is a 168.004

3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 22, 2018

Gold plated BORs aren’t very common but you can find them.
    Be aware that BORs aren’t great for skinny wrists - so check your son’s wrist size.
    I think these round case Connies look good on a leather strap.
    I have mine on simple black but black lizard would look good too.
    FB37F363-E52B-4130-AECC-4B17C4566133.jpeg

4. carreratarga Dec 22, 2018

Thanks P, he does have a small wrist buy isnt appreciative of leather, I will find out if he intends to wear it alot or dress occasion type, TBH I fell in love with the watch which is now being serviced but I am more of a chrono type of guy
    [​IMG]

peatnick likes this.
  5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 22, 2018

It doesn't specifically need to be a 1037 as the 7-row BORs are all basically the same, it's the end links which are specific to the case reference. The ends are likely to be fare more difficult to locate than the bracelet itself.

Perhaps consider a non branded milanese/mesh bracelet as an alternative.

Peemacgee likes this.
  6. Hippocampus Dec 23, 2018

When finding one of the old BOR bracelets, they made some that were gold plated and some that were gold filled. The gold plated ones almost always have spots of the plating wearing off on them somewhere in my experience, and I would make an extra effort to get one of the hardier gold filled ones. It usually says whether its plated or gold filled on the folding part of the clasp.

I'd agree the getting a mesh bracelet might be a good alternative, but when searching for any kind of gold bracelet I'd look for NOS or vintage ones - modern gold plated metal bracelets almost always are a much more brassy yellow color and look really off when up against a vintage gold watch. Don't get a NATO strap that will rub the caseback smooth and definitely not one of the adjustable lug width bands with the spring loaded ends - they wear gnarly rings into the inside of the lugs that can really spoil the case over time!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 23, 2018

I think I have a gold brick bracelet at home. I'll have a look in a couple of days.