Forums Latest Members
  1. shoonminn Mar 22, 2014

Hi
    I'm planning to get my first vintage Omega watch and am looking for some suggestions.
    My budget sits around $800~1000.
    Which model would be the best one to invest my money in and which website would be trusted to not sell a fake one?
    Thank you!

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 22, 2014

shoonminn and CanberraOmega like this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 23, 2014

I'd look here for watches. (see above link), Ebay and the bulk of the internet sites are a minefield of nasty stuff.

Or, find a local dealer/watchmaker who sells the stuff, there's a local watch dealer in my town who services watches, including Omega and sells older stuff he's serviced and lightly cleaned up..... they seem to be a disappearing breed but they're out there. Its nice to handle, wind and set a watch before you buy, see if smiles back at you honestly or give you the frankenwatch twitch. (if it doesn't look or feel right, walk away, in most cases there's another one out there.)

A lot of really nice 50s and 60s basic stuff and non pie-pan Connies can be had for a grand or less, take your time and ask the guys on this site if something catches your eye.

shoonminn likes this.
  4. shoonminn Mar 23, 2014

thank you very much for your suggestions!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2014

You're in the ballpark with that budget, I'm sure you'll find a seamaster or Deville in nice shape

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Mar 23, 2014

Just be patient, and ask expert members in here if you already have target. It will save you a lot of what we called newbie tax.