Forums Latest Members

Need some help with this 13ZN

1. cell1010 Feb 2, 2014

Hello all,

this is my first post in the Longines section, what means that I don't have a plan about these watches, yet. Maybe this will change in future. I'm mainly interested in iconic chronographs of the 60s and 70s, but while exploring the earlier examples at the moment, I stumbled across this particular watch:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/181313069705?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What I can see myself is, that it has a strong patina on the dial. But that wouldn't push me away from it.

Has anyone of you an idea about its originality etc.?

Thank you and kind regards,
    Manuel

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Feb 2, 2014

HI Manuel

I've been eyeing that one myself, but the font for 'Longines" looks all wrong. All others from that period have serifed font. In the basis of that, and a certain lack of clarity in line in the printing of the dial, I believe this to be a redial.

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 2, 2014

Just to muddy the waters a bit...

(though I agree that this one is a likely redial)

[​IMG]

4. ulackfocus Feb 2, 2014

Somebody else asked me about that watch. I think it's an early redial.

5. cell1010 Feb 6, 2014

Hello,

thanks for your feedback and sorry for my late reply. The auction is now ended and seems that the watch got some interested parties... To me, the LONGINES script looks similar to the one Tony C. showed us (1940).

Anyway, I didn't have the courage to jump in and place a bid. Maybe it was a fault, but who know for what it's worth.

Is one of yours the lucky winner?