Forums Latest Members

Need some HALP with a vintage Polerouter crown post

1. Silversix Feb 25, 2021

Does anyone have an idea where a vintage style crown post for screw down crowns could be aquired? I have been searching for so long, and just can't find anything similar. Mine broke, and i am trying to find a replacement, but just can't . The first picture is how it should look. The second two is my broken post. I don't necessary need the original, just one that's compatible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 25, 2021

Larry S likes this.
  3. Silversix Feb 25, 2021

These will not work. Because the crown is of a screw-down style, if i were to install a post from esslinger, there won't be any give needed when you're screwing down the crown. The post this polerouter has is what was used prior to spring loaded posts we currently see on diver/screw-down watches. If you look at the post in my first picture, you'll notice that there's two slots for the stem to click/slide through. That's why i've been searching for so long :(Just can't find them.

4. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. Feb 25, 2021

Paging @CafeRacer, the person of all things UG. Including parts.

Saved my butt a few times.

5. Silversix Feb 25, 2021

Hopefully he comes by. I am really surprised that these kind of crown posts are this rare. From my understanding, this is what was used prior to spring loaded crown posts on diver watches, but i just can't find them anywhere.

6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 25, 2021

I’m going to echo @X350 XJR ... my watchmaker would take care of this. Why do you insist on DIY? Cheers...

7. Silversix Feb 25, 2021

I visited three. All couldn't do anything because they don't have a part needed, that's why i want to do it on my own. And its an easy job, there's barely anything for you to do, i just need the part.

CafeRacer and Larry S like this.
  8. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Feb 26, 2021

So, if I get this assembly correctly, part 1 and 2 used to be a single part and is now broken? Can't the two be brazed together?

upload_2021-2-26_5-35-50.png

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 26, 2021

If you provide us with your general location we might be able to steer you. I do agree that some watchmakers see UG and this model and won’t touch them.

10. Silversix Feb 26, 2021

You're correct. That post looked like a fork. The part that looks like an S, was placed in the middle of the post (not sure what it served for, tho). Can't be brazed together because a part of piece #1 rusted off and missing. Since the crown is not spring loaded, there's no way to crew it down into the case with a standard stem extension.

11. Silversix Feb 26, 2021

In Canada, but i can ship anywhere if needed.

12. CafeRacer Feb 27, 2021

Send me the measurements and ill see what i have - they came in a few different sizes.

bgrisso likes this.
  13. Silversix Feb 27, 2021

Sent you a few pictures and the measurement.

14. Silversix Feb 27, 2021

I was thinking that maybe a place such as Ofrei might have em, but i sent them two mails, and had no response whatsoever. Maybe they don't ship to Canada?

Yesterday i came across a site called oldswisswatches.com. It seems like they're situated in India and service watches for cheap. I certainly won't be shipping my watch to India, but going by their site, it looks like they might have a lot of vintage parts in used and nos condition, so i've sent them a mail to see if they have a similar post to what i am looking for.

15. Oku Feb 28, 2021

bgrisso likes this.
  16. Omegafanman Feb 28, 2021

Good look in your search and thanks for making me think of Penelope Pitstop

"HAY-ULP" "HAY-ULP" :0)

Wacky-penelope-pitstop.jpg
  17. Silversix Feb 28, 2021

This is indeed the kind of a post i need, but he doesn't ship to Canada.

18. Oku Feb 28, 2021

why don't you ask him politely in Spanish?

19. Silversix Feb 28, 2021

Will ask. I do know that many countries do not ship to Canada during this covid mess. Japan post for example doesn't ship at all to Canada.

Edited Feb 28, 2021
  20. Silversix Mar 3, 2021

Never got any anwsers from the seller