Forums Latest Members
  1. Mcmillan May 27, 2014

Hi guys,

First off: I'm a long time enthousiast and reader on this forum who finally created an account ;)
    I made this account because I am on the hunt for a vintage Omega and really would like your advice on a this one.

I came across an Omega and really like it. However, I am wondering what you guys think of it and what you consider it to be worth. (And if it's not a fake?)

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance,
    Dirk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mcmillan May 27, 2014

Oh by the way, this is some extra info on the watch sent by the seller:

The Omega is from the late 30's early 40's. It has the government markings on the back which were indicative of issued watches during WWII. It was serviced and sold in San Francisco, where I bought it in 2012. It runs really well and hasn't had any issues. There are no official papers for it, which is to be expected with it's age.​

3. fjf May 27, 2014

4. Mcmillan May 27, 2014

Thanks!

What would you say is the worth of this piece?
    And, is it a wise buy/investment? I am quite new to all this ;)

5. Skv May 27, 2014

Might it have been be re-lumed? I cannot imagine that the lume did not age at all. Looks too green to me. Furthermore, the 3,6,12 in the Omega database picture do not seem to have lume while yours does. Not applied really well if I might say.

6. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! May 27, 2014

I think the seconds hand is not original either...

7. Mcmillan May 27, 2014

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention the seller stated that the lume has been repainted at some point!

I can see what you mean with the not really well applied lume!

8. Skv May 27, 2014

The lume ruins the watch. It has no value to collectors. I would run away from this watch if I were you!

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 27, 2014

I think it has potential.

The enamel dial is tough and may allow the green lume to be removed, same with the hands and the SS hand can be replaced.

It may not be a real "collector" grade but it would come up as a nice watch to wear.