Forums Latest Members

Need some advice from strap experts

1. Mtek Jan 8, 2018

Hello,

I am in the process of ordering a really nice custom strap from dangerous9. The only strap watch I own is an older Tudor Chrono that comes with the factory deployment clasp and I am happy with it.

Should I procure an OEM Omega deployment? I feel bad about an “Omega-like” no name being used. Do you think a standard buckle is better or worse? I kind of like the idea of a buckle.

I know this may seem trivial, but the expense and time to deliver is lengthy so I want to get it right. I also have professionals exchange out the strap, I don’t have the tools or knowledge so I want to order “ready to install”. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 9, 2018

What Watch is it for?

3. Mtek Jan 9, 2018

I’m sorry, it is for my PO. I’m going with black matte teju lizard, orange waterproof teju lining, white stitching. Just want to know what pros/cons of buckle or deployment. I’m thinking of just buying an oem omega deployment.

This will be my first strap purchase. 33C91BF7-E408-41A5-8FB4-AFF3AB9C4392.jpeg

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 9, 2018

It depends... buckles wear less bulky. Deployants are less likely to be dropped when you put it on and are more expensive. Deployants feel more special, and are more impressive when you show someone the watch.

Buckles are easy to pack if you take multiple watches on trips as they are flat.

If I went for one on my 3313 Orange POC I’m not sure which way I’d go.

Mtek likes this.
  5. Mtek Jan 9, 2018

Thanks. I think I’ll go deployment. This is a thick and heavier watch, the security of dropping isn’t something I considered, and I can’t be concerned with being flat with it either.

Foo2rama likes this.