Forums Latest Members

Need some advice for my next addition.

1. Prieto9000 Aug 17, 2016

I´m looking for a new addition to my omega collection and are 99% sure of what I want but some extra comments and advice is always welcome.
    I currently own the following watches:
    Omega Seamaster PO chronograph 46mm
    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2500 42.2mm
    Omega DeVille 8500 42mm
    Omega speedmaster triple date 39mm
    Montblanc 4810 rose gold numerals
    Tag Heuer Carrera 2010
    Longines Hydroconquest Quartz
    I was planning on letting go the Montblanc, the Tag Heuer and possibly the speedmaster to fund a new addition to the collection. I really like the speedy, it is very confortable to wear. It has become my daily wearer, but there´s something about it that makes me think about letting it go. I believe it´s the size, I think it´s a little small for my taste.

The idea of getting a new GSOTM has been poking my brain for a while and that is why I want to get rid of the Montblanc and the Tag. I found out Montblancs are just very expensive mens fashion accessories and not true timepieces. They are very difficult to sell once you don´t want them anymore. I do like the Tag, but the GSOTM is a little expensive so the extra bucks I get out of it will come in handy. Also I have the intention of having an Omega only collection.
    The Longines has to stay for 2 reasons 1.- It was a graduation gift from my parents. 2.- It does´t have an interesting resale value. I believe those few extra bucks won´t really help funding the new one.

The real question are:
    Is the GSOTM a good choice for a new addition??
    What would you be adding to this line-up instead of that??
    What would be a better choice in the same price range??

IMG_9299.JPG IMG_9309.JPG omega-deville-coaxial-correa-de-piel-D_NQ_NP_445611-MLM20582838613_022016-F.jpg IMG_9444.JPG IMG_9452.JPG IMG_9552.JPG IMG_9550.JPG

2. dx009 Aug 17, 2016

That Tag Heuer is BEAUTIFUL! I Wouldn't let it go honestly... :oops:

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 17, 2016

The returns on selling the pre-Minerva MB are not worth the effort unless you can trade it. I was told my GMT was worth a grand in trade on a new watch. I bought the watch but still have the MB. Sell what you can actually get money for. Crown and Caliber is a good place to consign,.

4. Prieto9000 Aug 17, 2016

I know, I fell in love with it the moment I saw it inside my watchmaker´s shop display, but the idea of "Omega Only" collection and the decent re-sale price is pushing me towards selling it.

Selling the 3 watches represent a decent amount of money (around 6k), that´s around 70% of the money I´ll spend on the GSOTM. Of the 3 I want to sell I believe the speedmaster has the best chances of remaining in my collection, I think it´s the most confortable watch I´ve ever owned until today. I just ordered a new aftermarket alligator strap for it because the original one is starting to crack on the inside.

I believe I can get a little over 1k for the MB if I´m patient and I see no need to keep it since the DeVille is a nicer looking dress watch. When you compare them side by side you definitely see the difference.