Forums Latest Members
  1. Wannawatch Nov 2, 2015

Hello
    I'm new to the forum and stumbled onto the site while researching the possible sale of a watch from my mother's estate.
    Pictures will follow but the best I can determine is that it is a Deville, quartz, two tone gold band and case, mother of pearl dial and diamond chip markers. It was purchased in 2002 for about $3400.00 (CDN). The model is 4380.95.00
    This vintage did not seem to carry to Deville name on the dial but has the characteristics of the model.
    The back of the watch has been engraved with some text commemorating my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I assume this will detract from the value. Although I understand the back can be replaced. The watch was serviced about 6 years ago prior to mothers death.
    What are the prospects for selling the watch, where might I best sell it and what value might it fetch? I have the box but no papers. I am living in BC, Canada.
    Many thanks for your time and advice.

2. Wannawatch Nov 2, 2015

oops. here are the photos ......

3. M.D. Nov 2, 2015

You want to sell a watch that commemorates your parents 50th wedding anniversary? Um....:thumbsdown:

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 2, 2015

Sorry to say that it is both quartz and ladies so there will not be much collector interest. Your best bet to sell and find approximate value is eBay. An advanced search will show you prices raised on previous sales.

5. Wannawatch Nov 2, 2015

Originally mom was given the automatic version of this watch with the same inscription on it. Unfortunately she was at an age where she didn't generate enough movement to power the watch. So we bought her this quartz version. We still have the automatic.

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Nov 2, 2015

I am so glad to hear that. You'll want to source a replacement case back.

Tom