Forums Latest Members
  1. omegawatchlvr Dec 6, 2016

Hi I'm working on this PloProf, but it has the wrong dial . So basicly I'm looking for a replacement dial but where to find such an item. What I've found so far are either new dials or really bad examples , I prefer an original old dial to a new one so that it atleast looks period correct and all. Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction.

David

IMG_4697.JPG
  2. dialstatic Dec 6, 2016

3. omegawatchlvr Dec 6, 2016

Hi thank, but I really want an vintage dial these new dials glow superluminova and just look odd compared to the patina of the hands and bezel.

4. omegawatchlvr Dec 7, 2016

So patience and keep spotting eBay obviously, no sellers of vintage watch parts perhaps?? Would not mind exchange this Shom dial for an ploprof one.

5. tyrantlizardrex Dec 7, 2016

Patience is key here @omegawatchlvr - they do pop up on eBay and occasionally on the forum here... but not that often.

Your other option would be to replace everything with Superluminova modern parts...

6. omegawatchlvr Dec 7, 2016

Hi Tyrantlizardrex , I'll keep an eye out then . Superluminova service parts would mean : dial,hand and bezel, wich will not only cost an arm and a leg but will not help it's value . Original is the way to go if you ask me.

7. tyrantlizardrex Dec 7, 2016

I'd prefer original, but since you don't have the dial that came with the hands and bezel, the watch is never going to have a match across the three.

Depending on how much you're into it for, it could be cost effective to go down replacing all the cosmetic parts, to make it at least "correct" in one sense, sell it on, and then use the funds to buy a proper un-messed with vintage piece.

Good luck, either way! :D

8. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 7, 2016

There has been a dial and hands set on ebay in the recent past, check completed auctions as I dont think it sold...might be in Greece if my memory serves me correctly.

9. uwsearch Dec 7, 2016

+$$$

dialstatic likes this.