Forums Latest Members
  1. blackcat23 Feb 27, 2013

Hi again everybody,
    I didn't want to post this in the eBay section since it's an inquiry. I was considering purchasing this watch http://www.ebay.com/itm/181087215317?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network ,but wanted input since I'm not experienced with this Speedmaster. I've had good luck so far completing service several vintage models recently (purchased US cleaner, tools, oil, etc.) SO far I've been able to completely dismantle, clean and appropriately lube 17 jewel watches, but am apprehensive of a 45 jewel piece. Also, I need input on what you guys see here as well as any opinion on the broken lug? I'm not understanding what he means by this and have emailed him (no response just yet). I don't see a damaged lug. Anyway, any input would be appreciated. I'm really in love with the Speedmaster, but the cost of a new one is a bit apprehensive and would appreciate it more if I successfully serviced it as my own. Thanks again.

2. chiko7734 Feb 27, 2013

Hi. The watch in that auction is a Speedmaster Reduced, which is much less sought after than the full size speedmaster. In full working and great cosmetic condition, they are worth around 1200. I don't think you will get a particularly good deal on it considering where it's at now with 10 bids. I'm not sure what he means about the lug either

3. chiko7734 Feb 27, 2013

Also, I just remembered, that watch uses a chronograph module, so it may be harder for you to service yourself.

4. blackcat23 Feb 27, 2013

Ahh, I didn't even notice that it's the reduced model. I'll keep an eye on it, but I very much appreciate the replies.

5. blackcat23 Feb 27, 2013