Forums Latest Members
  1. JEPietscher May 29, 2019

Hi there, I have an Omega ref 166.0202 that belonged to my late father. I did some research about the model and would like to have an opinion on some points I believe have inconsistencies (pictures attached):
    - dial : the markers do not match the shape for this model, and there are strange dots on the outer tip of the markers. Not sure if it is the original dial reworked or a new one
    - movement : seems to be original, 1010. Serial number seems to indicate manufacture year 1978. According to Omega website this reference was released in 1976 with this movement, so movement and serial number seems to match
    - back cover : outside has no markings, completely plain (sorry I forgot to take a picture); is that correct? Inside it has markings including the reference
    - case : it has some corrosion and quite a few dents an scratches, I assume it might be the original one
    - crown : not sure if it is original, as it has no marks/engraving
    - strap : not original
    I would like to thank in advance for any help. I am trying to piece together the history of this watch, as it is part of my and my family's history.

Jose

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 29, 2019

I'm not seeing any photos.

3. JEPietscher May 29, 2019

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 29, 2019

It looks like the dial was refinished at some point; you can tell by the uneven spacing on the minute track. The strange dots are lume, which were likely added during the redial as the application is sloppy/ uneven.

5. snunez May 29, 2019

Note though that refinishing was not an uncommon practice. It ruins the collector value, but your father probably wasn't thinking 'valuable heirloom' when (if) he had it refinished.

6. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers May 29, 2019

This one from Chrono24 w/o the added lume
    B15B936D-643A-41DB-84C4-BD445F2885EB.png