Forums Latest Members

Need Omega for fiancee...suggestions?

1. erlcl3e Apr 6, 2016

Hey all, my fiancee and I are exchanging watches for our wedding and I need some advice/ideas. She's getting me a Speedmaster Pro, but I have no idea what to get her. She usually likes minimalistic jewelry, so I can choose one based on style alone, but I know next to nothing about the mechanics/inner workings or how they fit and things of that nature. Can any of you guys with wives/significant others, or ladies on here, point me in the right direction? A bit lost here.

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. Schmedsc Apr 6, 2016

Get her your birth year Speedy:)

NT931, jens0125 and Taddyangle like this.
  3. erlcl3e Apr 6, 2016

Haha I don't know if that would be her style, she's very girly :p

meganfox17 likes this.
  4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 6, 2016

Let's start with some basics: would she be appreciably annoyed if she had to keep winding her watch if she didn't wear it for a day or two, or if it stopped because she didn't wind it?

meganfox17 likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 6, 2016

Depends on the girl, what she does and why and wear she wears a watch. More info?

6. demollo Apr 6, 2016

I would go with Ladymatic.

VetPsychWars likes this.
  7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2016

Why not take her to AD and have her pick one out ?::love::

Nitzbar, GregH and 1685 like this.
  8. jljl123 Apr 6, 2016

Does it have to be an Omega? If not my wife has liked the Rolex datejust, Hermes slim d'hermes, Hermes cape cod (Quartz I believe though), and Cartier santos (also Quartz I think). It's probably safest to just show her models and ask which she likes. I've been surprised by what watches my wife likes is why.

9. flw history nerd Apr 6, 2016

I offered to buy my wife a Rolex or an Omega for a wedding gift. She chose the Ladymatic and she totally loves it. Take a look at them - your fiancée won't be disappointed!!

10. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 6, 2016

Edited Apr 6, 2016
    Andreas likes this.
  11. Kwijibo Apr 6, 2016

May be you should told her about her taste. fashion, favorite era, material. there are so many styles. I offered mine an art deco 18k simple, smal yet truly charming for such a beuatifuuuuul girl.

12. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 6, 2016

I also vote for the Ladymatic... though a 37mm watch or slightly smaller might work too.

Tom

13. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Apr 6, 2016

Does it have to be omega....my wife has a lady carerra with mother of pearl dial and it is her favorite...she also has Cartier must de 21 and of course the first watch I ever got her a movado....damn straight movado yeah it was the 90s

14. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 6, 2016

Oh! I just had an idea!

Find her a nice Omega "trench watch" and restore it (and yes, relume!).

Tom

15. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Apr 6, 2016

go to watchrecon.com with her and let her show you what style she likes... and dont hinge it on omega

16. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 6, 2016

Looking for a straight swap?

:D

[Sorry :oops:, couldn't resist.]

efauser likes this.
  17. meganfox17 Apr 7, 2016

Ooopppsss..[emoji38] i didnt read the line you were "exchanging watches" you mean pre wedding ceremony or during the exchange of Vows or what ?
    I agree with @cicindela. Just spend the whole day with her watch hunting in ADs . Just dont be a cheapskate ![emoji35]

18. Nactex Apr 7, 2016

I bought my wife an Omega Tiffany watch before we married and a 2 tone Rolex ladies datejust for our 10th anniversary.

meganfox17 likes this.
  19. _Omega_ Apr 7, 2016

What about a ladies Aqua Terra Quartz?

Sent from a Payphone

20. larryganz The cable guy Apr 8, 2016

My wife is the same way "usually likes minimalistic jewelry", but she also likes the outdoors and being active, so an "all dressy" watch wouldn't suit her lifestyle. Right before she went to the Bahamas last year as a chaperone for a Boy Scout outing, we gave her a TAG Aquaracer 300M quartz with mother of pearl dial for mother's day.

She has stopped wearing all of her other watches in favor of this one. The other choice was an Omega constellation quartz two-tone with MOP dial, but she'd have still needed a second watch for all her other "sport" activities, and a black dial/bezel Omega ladies diver was not elegant enough. I felt like an Omega traitor, but it's what suited her best. She didn't want to wind something, or charge something, but just grab and go with it. These are things you have to consider with the watch you choose.